Disabling the immobiliser

carloss

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
jaguar xk
have bought another ecu for the car used off ebay for €40 with the right number waiting for it now hope this solves the problem

I dont see a connection with a security system /immobiliser and an ecu can someone enlighten me please

Last edited:

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
have bought another ecu for the car used off ebay for €40 with the right number waiting for it now hope this solves the problem

Below, is not yours, just as an example, it appears that you might need the inferred immobiliser AND the remote fob in addition to the ECU,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item231c8776ea

More examples… http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_lncat=0&_sacat=0&_nkw=w202+engine+ecu&rt=nc

See also post # 103 and 105… http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=29673&page=11

Dec

Last edited:

lars-mad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180
this has nothing to do with the ecu on this car plugged the ecu out and turned the key still red/green flashing
opened the box under the carpet again resoldered and putted on some new soldering tin on the soldering points and replaced the batterys in the remote now the car starts again not sure if it has anything to do with the problem but i did it anyway have turned the key about 50 times and it is always working for now... dont know if i can trust it

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
Last edited:

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
Some guy recently had an immobiliser problem on an A Class and had the ECU repaired which solved the problem

Actually it was even better than that, the company modified the ECU's programming to bypass the immobiliser, making it 'free running'.
This is a pretty good trick actually, and something Mark@RMK can do with some Mercedes engine modules I believe.

counder2000

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w202 1997 japan spec
w202 won't start

w202 japan spec when i buy they already change normal alarm . and one day sudenly the can crank but won't start . i check the plug it got spark when crank .and the fuel pump is working but the injector cut off . and as i know this model is not using transponder. i buy a second hand form same model ecu immo box and remote infrare key . and it not working .is there amy way to bypass immo and is anyone got circuits for w202 immo system
advance thanks please can anyone help me

Attachments

• DSC_0082e.jpg
    DSC_0082e.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC_0083e.jpg
    DSC_0083e.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC_0086e.jpg
    DSC_0086e.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 101

tip2812

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250/1997/OM605
Hi,
Just trying to transplant a 2.5TD engine + auto box into another car and would love to know how to bypass the immobiliser. Did you get an answer from comand.co.uk, 'cos I've just spoken to them on the phone and they claim they could not help. This would make my life much easier if I don't need all of the sensors and other electronic checks. Have the engine/box and wiring loom on the floor but want to simplify this.
If you do know how to do it, could you let me know, cheers Dave

mike000000

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200/1996/w202
Alfie, would you please PM me instructions on how to disable immobiliser in 1996 C200!
Thank you in advance

RPelli

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB E290TD -97 (W210)
The Youtube Movie is private, and I can´t access it )-;

If possible I would absolutely love to get access to it, my car is stranded with the immobiliser gone in.

Diagnosed by the MB dealer and all modules are working, key is fine, but there is some Cable that doesn´t have a complete Contact.
Costs to diagnose what Cable according to the dealer would be 6-10 000 SEK, and then I have the cost to Exchange the wiring-harness on top of that.

I love the car, but there is no way that I can pay that amount of Money to have it fixed, and this is my car to take me to and from work.

They refused to help me disable or bypass the Immo.

If anyone either could help me out with how to disable the whole thing, bypass it or what-not I would be eternily gratefull!

I can send you scanned copies of my ownerspapers, photos of the car, whatever you may desire to prove to you that this is my car, I just must have this sorted.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Your car is it early 97 or late, what is the status of the LEDs in the inside mirror.

RPelli

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB E290TD -97 (W210)
Hi!

Yes its am early -97 that had the single button key fob with the flip out blade.

The red and green lamps are alternatingly flashing one at the time after one another.

All modules regarding the DAS has been tested by the dealer as well as the keys, all working as they should separately, however there is some signal not getting to its goal thus the system isn't recognizing that the correct key with a working programming and chip is inserted.

I really need to have the car fixed, but as it stands there is just no possibility for me to pay the dealer the amount he wants to have it fixed.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I will send you an email, please reply and I will send an information sheet that you can try, please let us know on here what you find.

I lived in Jönköping for many years and know the price that dealers take

ELGRINGO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e230 c180 sl280 brabus a190 smar cart
Hi whent out to a c202 c class petrol non start stuck in hotel car park, with das 2 key fault. we are currently having problems obtaining new keys from our dealership taking up to two weeks. i tried to bypass immobilizer but you can only do it on the systems we fitted to the cars before they left our work shop. luckily on this car i managed to resolder the lock unlock button back on pcb now ok.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi whent out to a c202 c class petrol non start stuck in hotel car park, with das 2 key fault. we are currently having problems obtaining new keys from our dealership taking up to two weeks. i tried to bypass immobilizer but you can only do it on the systems we fitted to the cars before they left our work shop. luckily on this car i managed to resolder the lock unlock button back on pcb now ok.

The other snag is with these keys is they can drift, the LED works, but the frequency is out, probably the Xtal cracked.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks television!

It's really hugely appreciated!

I've sent you an email.

I have sent a kind of questionnaire, I need to know what state it is in.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Owing to the complication and changes that took place in 1997 could you post up your VIN number, and the build date can be got.

RPelli

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB E290TD -97 (W210)
So, sorry for it taking so long for me to reply.

I am really glad that I went out to test the things I got from Television instead of just giving the answer that used to be correct.
Got some surprises.

When I went out to test the functionality as described (had no idea about the thing with opening the windows 10mm)
I received absolutely no reaction what so ever when trying to lock the car.

You see, after getting the car back from having it at the dealer for diagnosis I haven´t had it locked (I live in the country).

So now I go out to the car and presses the key-fob button and nothing happens.
No lights from the reaer-view mirror.
No sounds from the locks.
No reaction from the car what so ever.

So I start by changing the batteries in the fob.
Still nothing.

I go in to the car and digs out the battery and presto! No power.
This is rather odd as I changed it when the car wouldn´t start as I thought the old battery might have been to blame.
But perhaps it got drained during the diagnosis or something I thought.

So I took it in and chargewd it.

The day after I put it back in the car, the interior lights come on and everything seems to be fine.
So naturally I go and have a go at starting the car again (hope´s the last thing to leave you, right? :) ), needless to say I got the green and red lights in the rear-view mirror and no start.

To wrap things up, I´ve found that there is no reaction from the car when I press the button on the fob.
It is transmitting the signal, but no reaction from the car.

Also, the interior lights refuse to turn off.
I´ve checked the buttons for the lights, they should turn off.
I´ve also made sure all doors and the boot is closed, they are.
But the lights remain on.

VIN: 210017 1A 324600 8
Motor-nr.: 602982 12 011422

I also have a theory I would like to run by you.

As I´ve understood it the thing the immobiliser actually does is that it´s affecting the shut off valve in such a way that it isn´t opening and thus not letting fuel in to the motor, but everything else should be working as it should, glowplugs, starter a.s.o.

Would that be correct?

If so.
The shut off valve as far as I gather only has 4 pins for electrical connections.
This would mean I think that the only thing needed to get the shut off valve to open and let fuel in is to feed the correct pin with the correct type of current (voltage, amps a.s.o.).
With the result of the car starting again.

Would this be it? Or am I barking off the wrong tree?

Otherwise, wouldn´t the same thing go for the ECU?

Feeding the correct wire going in to the ECU with the correct current would make it read it as if the DAS was functioning as it should and as if the correct key was in the ignition, thus allowing the car to start.

Correct?

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
Like Malcolm says cars of this age in the UK can be problematic as some had factory fitted or aftermarket immobiliser with separate alarm systems fitted, others had an immobiliser built into the alarm system, which in the UK was Thatcham CAT 1 standard, this was then complicated by some cars having the alarm/immobiliser system fitted that also had a factory fitted immobilisers, this coupled together with at least 7 types of alarms and then with the improvements made to them over the 3-4 year period meant different ways of activating/deactivating them, different bypass keys etc means identifying is very very difficult.
But luckily as your car is a European car and is a 97 I am pretty sure you will have a factory fitted immobiliser which operates on a chip inside the key fob (usually fixed with a blob of glue inside the fob, when the fob key is in the ignition the transponder collar around the ignition switch can see the chip and allows the car to start.
The lights flashing in the mirror either indicate a faulty immobiliser system or flat batteries in the remote, depending if the lights are flashing alternately or flashing at the same time (which is which I have forgotten).
I have read somewhere that the diesel is immobilised by a coded fuel valve where this I have not a clue.
Sorry I cannot help you bypass it but I hope by posting the info above has/will help you solve it even possibly prompting others to post.
Just a thought if the fob batteries were flat, or the car battery went dead flat or was disconnected it might pay you to try to re-synch the key fob (procedure should be in handbook).

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom