Do the heater temperature control switches have bulbs in them? 1999 SLK.

Brian23

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EClass
s-l1600 (1).jpg

I do not normally drive my wife's SLK, but I did tonight and the heater controls are not lit. The ones that set where the heated air goes to are, but the temp switches are dark. So do the heater temperature control thumb switches, the ones on the far left and right, which alter the temperature, have bulbs in them, or how are they lit? If so how do you change them?

Last edited:

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
I have a feeling that they are not lit on this model, but I won't be able to check for you until tomorrow. Unless someone else knows before that...

OP
B

Brian23

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EClass
I have a feeling that they are not lit on this model, but I won't be able to check for you until tomorrow. Unless someone else knows before that...

Thank you
Brian

OP
B

Brian23

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EClass
Hi Also what is the number of the bulbs so that I can get some off ebay?
No need found them on Ebay 10 for £4.25

Last edited:

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
I looked yesterday. They are only very faintly illuminated. I think some residual light from the circular rings bleeds through into the hot/cold thumbwheels. I think new bulbs in the rings might improve your situation. I did take a picture, but for some reason IMGBB.com was being miserable with me last night, and wouldn't upload it.

OP
B

Brian23

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EClass
Thank you for that. I took it apart today and it seems that you are correct. You can just upload direct as an attached file.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom