door lock issue

hayhayc

Reaction score
I have a 2012 SLK and now I am having issue with the 2 door locks
Either side occasionally wont unlock despite the door lock indicator rod comes up every time without fail. I have to repeat lock and unlock a few times before the door will unlock. Its happening to both driver and passenger side. Sometimes I can't open from inside from the passenger side too.

Have others experience the same issue? Anyone found out the cause of the problem and how much did it cost you guys to get it fixed?

many thanks

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Not sure if it would help , but have you tried spraying any "lube" into the main door locks first

OP
H

hayhayc

Reaction score
I thought of that but wonder do i need to take down the door panel to spray inside. But I suppose if i can't open from inside, its probably sth more than just the lock being stucked. thanks for the suggestion tho

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I thought of that but wonder do i need to take down the door panel to spray inside. But I suppose if i can't open from inside, its probably sth more than just the lock being stucked. thanks for the suggestion tho
I just mean the main end of door locks , I was wondering if they were sticking then nothing else would work

Cstevo22

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 c220 coupe 2.1cdi
I have had the same problem on my drivers door, replacement door catch was the repair, solenoid inside the lock was sticking, using the key to open the door overrides the solenoid.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom