1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dtuk pedalbox

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, Fuel and Exhaust' started by gurdip, Aug 9, 2018.

1. gurdip

gurdip Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 bluetech coupe
    Has anybody fitted one of these to there Mercs, had it on my previous Insignia and was amazing.. Thinking of getting one for my c207 any thoughts?
    Thanks

2. V6Matty

V6Matty Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    S212/10/E350(His) W169/2005/A180 (Hers)
    Have it mapped properly, the cost difference is minor and the benefits are much greater. Tuning boxes are often just smoke and mirrors, dumping extra fuel in the to give you indication of extra power while fooling the ecu to think its normal

3. LostKiwi

LostKiwi Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    '93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240, 02 R230 SL500 (Malcolm Spec), 04 Smart Roadster Coupe
    The pedal box he's talking about doesn't do anything g to power or performance. All it does is remap the pedal to change the way the fly by wire system reacts to pedal inputs.
    They can also do this via a map. Personally I can't see the point, just reprogram your right foot - that cost nothing!

rorywquin, V6Matty and gurdip like this.
  4. OP
    gurdip

gurdip Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 bluetech coupe
    I had my previous car mapped. But once I installed the pedalbox it was amazing

5. onefortheroad

onefortheroad Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    w219 2008
    i think youve answered your own question twice now tbh.

6. OP
    gurdip

gurdip Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 bluetech coupe
    My question was has anybody fitted them to their mercedes/feedback.

7. Craiglxviii

Craiglxviii Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W215 CL500 Garage Queen; W211 E320 Avantgarde Estate Designo Edition
    No, and it's all placebo factor. The performance of the car didn't change one jot, it was all in your expectations.

Not fitted one and wouldn't do so on general principles.

gurdip likes this.
  8. Westheath

Westheath Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
    Mercedes wise.........

Sprint booster >> https://www.sprintboostersales.com/How-It-Works.cfm
    Pedal Box >> https://www.pedalbox.com/en/
    Throttle box/Pedal commander >> https://www.pedalcommander.com/

The above are just a few I have come across, they simply shorten the pedal response so power comes on earlier.

QUESTION: How Does a Sprint Booster Work?

1. You plug it in then the Sprint Booster into your accelerator pedal module.

2. Your Sprint Booster Power Converter overrides your car's standard, factory drive-by-wire setting and increases the throttle response of your accelerator.

This provides a quicker response time and an increased 'Feeling of more Power."

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    gurdip likes this.
  9. V6Matty

V6Matty Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    S212/10/E350(His) W169/2005/A180 (Hers)
    Missed that it was a peddle box, i saw dtuk and box and wet strait to tuning box. Agree with you though Alistair not worth it in my mind

10. Botus

Botus Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    S500/2010/500

when jacques villeneuve went to William's he said I can't drive this rubbish, change the pedal from that long travel joke to something sensible, they laughed, told him he was an idiot, and he won't be able to drive it if they change it to an on off switch as he was requesting....

after a series of terrible results, he got them to do as he asked, they couldn't understand how he didn't spin it everytime, but it should be noted he won the championship!

when you look at all the best drivers, its their ability to modulate the controls better than average humans that makes them winners (note Schumacher isn't on that list - he just cheated with Bernie's help)

cars with conventional slush box autos, all tend to have soggy move 2" more than needed throttles to get anything to happen. After a month you get your head round it, but I agree anything that improves it worth a try

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  11. Botus

Botus Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    S500/2010/500
    actually, its a bit like stereo's and seats, Germans have zero understanding how to do it properly.

I remember my fathers W124 320 petrol with 5 speed auto, you literally needed some sort of hydraulic ram to get the thing to open past idle. totally ruined the car and made it super dangerous and awful to drive.

My 335d would go from rolling the wrong way down the drive (whilst reversing up) to wheel spinning towards the garage door with a change of throttle input of circa 1 thou, yet on the open road the throttle response was measures yards of movement and eons in response time

my S500's throttle response is also heavy, tardy and pathetic

12. LostKiwi

LostKiwi Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    '93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240, 02 R230 SL500 (Malcolm Spec), 04 Smart Roadster Coupe
    As I said - reprogram your right foot. Much cheaper. Or... Get a remap and have them map the throttle response and have the benefit of more power too.

Contrary to your experiences both myvSLs have very good throttle response - if anything the 230 is too sharp. The 210 is slower to respond but then it's half the power and near enough the same weight so hardly that surprising. Irrespective it's never caused an issue as I just adapt between the vehicles.

I'll also agree to disagree about Schumacher - undoubtedly the greatest driver we've ever seen.

rorywquin likes this.
  13. rorywquin

rorywquin Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2017 SL400 with lots of fruit
    Ditto.

LH is doing so well because of MB dominance.

I am not denying his great talent but it begs the question "how well would he be doing if he was not in an MB".

Alonso - great driver......cr@p car....getting nowhere!

14. Botus

Botus Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    S500/2010/500
    hard to know about Fangio and moss (too long ago before my time), but if we get to modern high power nutter stuff, you have Clark, Senna and Hamilton clearly light years in front of others

drop a few million rungs in to the realms of quite average and we get to a lot of german cheats like vettel and schumacher

15. rorywquin

rorywquin Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2017 SL400 with lots of fruit
    Of the current mob, Hamilton is winning because he has the best car. There is no question that in the modern era, it is all about the car. Hamilton is brilliant but put him in a Ferrari or Red Bull and he will not domonate.

Interesting phenomenon - when we lose the other side cheated.....

LostKiwi likes this.