E 200 1998 electrics problem. Windows,flashing, remote control and port baggage prob

Nikolis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 200 1998 198bhp
Hi there,

I have a Mercedes benz E200 1998 and i have a problem with my electrics. Central locking and remote is not working, port baggage is not opening, windows are not going up or down and i have no flashing. The problem is that it takes 3 days and after that it comes to normal again. Also when i am getting the pole of the battery out and leave the system reboot everything works fine again but not for long. I am looking for a permanent solution. Please help me I have tried almost everything! Thanks

Last edited:

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
I think you could possibly have an issue with your pse pump. Lift up the rear seat, it's located on the drivers side under the rear seat.
Unplug it, and see if the flashers stop going off.
Then you can post back the results

OP
N

Nikolis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 200 1998 198bhp
Thank you

Thank you very much for your response. I will try it and i will let you know the results.

OP
N

Nikolis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 200 1998 198bhp
Problem

I went to my mechanic and he said that he changed the pumps with another same mercedes to check if that was the problem but unfortunately it wasnt. :((( it is something crazy because the problem is not peemanent. It shows up randomly.

Please help!

BachelorDays

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2000 w210 E240 91k (Nov13)
Hi there,

I have a Mercedes benz E200 1998 and i have a problem with my electrics. Central locking and remote is not working, port baggage is not opening, windows are not going up or down and i have no flashing. The problem is that it takes 3 days and after that it comes to normal again. Also when i am getting the pole of the battery out and leave the system reboot everything works fine again but not for long. I am looking for a permanent solution. Please help me I have tried almost everything! Thanks

So, does everything work fine after a reboot? Or is there still a function which NEVER works?

This is a real long shot, but at times a button on the remote key can get stuck and cause problems.

Problem with totally random faults is you can't replicate them at will. If you have a spare key, use that for a while and see if it comes back. If you haven't got a spare key, avoid using the remote for a few days and see if that helps.

Do get the lid off the ECU box and check for any loose connections, specially on the K40 (the control unit with lots of fuses showing on it).

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom