E CLASS 220 HEAD UNIT REPLACE OR REPAIR Part Number (A2129008322)

DIANNOSD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class 220 (2012)
Hi all,

I have only had my beautiful (new to me) E class 220 a matter of weeks before my partner accidentally dropped the air fragrance in the car and then put it back on upside down. The liquid has eroded the head unit as it was acid. Needless to say, I am in the market for a new missus :( ha and for the moment cant being myself to go in the Mercedes

A cost of a new one is circa £500 + cost to replace is £150. Apparently you just but the fascia on its own all though it looks as it could simply unscrew . In trying to source one 2nd hand, I cant find my particular part number (in subject) but people a local supplier is saying that the plugs are exactly the same at the back so, for example, he has one with a SD card slot.

My questions are therefore please;
1 Would the stereo be interchangeable with my car and would it recognize it when coded?
2 Does anyone know who actually manufactures the head unit so that I might contact them directly and try and get just the fascia?
3 Failing that, does anyone know the best place where I might source the exact model for my car without having to pay retail prices, i.e. a quality second part.

Thanks all in advance

Sean

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
You can just replace the stereo, look on E-Bay for a used one, it will need STAR to code.

I doubt you can buy just the fascia.

Could be an opportunity to upgrade to COMAND

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
What kind of head unit is it? COMAND? Audio 20, etc. Post a picture of what you've got and we'll be able to help.

OP
D

DIANNOSD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class 220 (2012)
I will be honest, as much as I love my car, I technically know nothing so please be gentle with me :)

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
No problems. That looks like it could be easy to remove and replace with a couple of screws hidden under the fascias as they're removed progressively from the bottom, but unless you know exactly what you're doing, it's best left to someone who knows what to do and that's not necessarily a Mercedes Dealer. Tell us where you are and you'll get a recommendation to a known and trusted independent in your area from another local forum member.

OP
D

DIANNOSD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class 220 (2012)
No problems. That looks like it could be easy to remove and replace with a couple of screws hidden under the fascias as they're removed progressively from the bottom, but unless you know exactly what you're doing, it's best left to someone who knows what to do and that's not necessarily a Mercedes Dealer. Tell us where you are and you'll get a recommendation to a known and trusted independent in your area from another local forum member.
That is awesome, thank you for your help. I live in Bicester (Oxfordshire) . Like I say, I am actually still trying to source a replacement fascia. A breaker yard do have one but the one they have has a SD slot. There are, it appears so many different variants and its frustrating that I just get the front or at least get it repaired. Either way, I need to something because it genuinely upsets me at the moment to see it looking this way. Thanks again. Sean

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
That is awesome, thank you for your help. I live in Bicester (Oxfordshire) . Like I say, I am actually still trying to source a replacement fascia. A breaker yard do have one but the one they have has a SD slot. There are, it appears so many different variants and its frustrating that I just get the front or at least get it repaired. Either way, I need to something because it genuinely upsets me at the moment to see it looking this way. Thanks again. Sean

Message comandonline, they are a forum sponsor, they may be able to help with what can be put in

OP
D

DIANNOSD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class 220 (2012)
Thanks for
Message comandonline, they are a forum sponsor, they may be able to help with what can be put in
this information, I have just sent called them / send at email so hopefully they might have some options. Thanks

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom