e class e300 hybrid remapping

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Had John at Big Fish take a look at my Pug Hybrid and there is some possibilities with tuning but even he wasn't totally sure how it might all work in the end, he even said that what ever he did would have no come back so would totally be at my cost, I'm going to sell it (now I don't need low Co2 ratings as no longer in the company cash plan) and buy an E350 which will spend a day at MSL instead being fettled into a rocket with nice noise :D :cool:

dsharples

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E300 Hybrid AMG Estate; 3 Ancient Citroens and an Audi TTS!
I was meaning more generally. What are the E300 Issues people have had? With another 9 months of manufacturer warranty left just keen to understand anything I should watch out for. So far, other than strange tyre wear, a loose wheel, and some road debris damage, mechanically things seem to have been good. Having come from 25 years of big Citroens, I've not come to MB for trouble!

I did also consider a DS5 hybrid, which I assume has same system as V6mattys Pug? Quite a different system to the MB tho, with two distinct drive systems front and rear.

Last edited:

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
I was meaning more generally. What are the E300 Issues people have had? With another 9 months of manufacturer warranty left just keen to understand anything I should watch out for. So far, other than strange tyre wear, a loose wheel, and some road debris damage, mechanically things seem to have been good. Having come from 25 years of big Citroens, I've not come to MB for trouble!

I did also consider a DS5 hybrid, which I assume has same system as V6mattys Pug? Quite a different system to the MB tho, with two distinct drive systems front and rear.

yep as you think the RXH has the same system as the DS5, and it is a good system by all accounts but I think the Merc one is more complex as it runs inline with the drivetrain, although saying that the Peugeot system does all tie together so I suspect if it was to fail I'd still have problems in running with diesel only.

John Laidlaw may be in a better place to say what can go wrong with the system as his actually did fail.

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
Had my E300 for nearly 2 years and they are extremely rapid especially when you kick down and the electric motor combines with the engine there should be a quite discernible push back in the seat.

I personally had no problems with the hybrid systems but the car did go in a few times for recalls injectors etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
G

graykp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E Class E300 Hybrid
i've no problems at all so far with my hybrid.

i think a lot of people like to scare everyone for some reason it's the same on every forum.

i have not found anyone capable of mapping it, that does not mean it cannot be done it's just no mapper has the skills in the UK at the moment so i don't blame them at all for not responding to an enquiry. this will change with all the new versions of cars coming along and the e300 will be phased out and replaced by a petrol equivalent according to Mercedes in fact in the next five years they will not sell diesel cars full stop so no more 350's either.

i have for the last two months and nearly 3k miles been running a tuning box on mine and have no issues at all in fact i would say it seems to like it.

you just can't beat a remap, are they quick as standard well that depends what car you had before, perfectly good enough for every day driving and as people have said if you want a lot more get a 350 but the mpg is terrible compared to say an equivalent BMW hence the hybrid choice for me.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
i've no problems at all so far with my hybrid.

i think a lot of people like to scare everyone for some reason it's the same on every forum.

i have not found anyone capable of mapping it, that does not mean it cannot be done it's just no mapper has the skills in the UK at the moment so i don't blame them at all for not responding to an enquiry. this will change with all the new versions of cars coming along and the e300 will be phased out and replaced by a petrol equivalent according to Mercedes in fact in the next five years they will not sell diesel cars full stop so no more 350's either.

i have for the last two months and nearly 3k miles been running a tuning box on mine and have no issues at all in fact i would say it seems to like it.

you just can't beat a remap, are they quick as standard well that depends what car you had before, perfectly good enough for every day driving and as people have said if you want a lot more get a 350 but the mpg is terrible compared to say an equivalent BMW hence the hybrid choice for me.

https://www.daimler.com/innovation/new-diesel-engine.html

https://www.daimler.com/innovation/specials/engineoffensive.html

In point of fact they will not sell diesel cars so much, they've just developed and launched a brand new modular family of diesel powertrain.

Last edited:
OP
G

graykp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E Class E300 Hybrid

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
that's very interesting i'm only going by what Mercedes uk have told me to fit in with new uk legislation regarding emissions, ie no entry to uk cities with any diesel older than 2015 etc.

And isn't that interesting that MB UK haven't got a clue what their technical design division is doing? :D It goes to show how much credence you should pay their opinions!

The thing is that we don't know what UK-specific emissions regulations there will be (they've not been written yet for post-BREXIT) but we do know what EU legislation is (already clearly laid down) and MB have put in place mid-term developmental planning to cover it.

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
We had a discussion about this today at work with a few of the lads, our company changes 2 vans per year we currently buy, not lease Vauxhall Vivaro`s, they have an eco button that cuts down rpm but doesn't cut the engine at stand still like a Merc. As we travel all over the UK and into the major cities my Q was how do we know what rating the engine is would it be a Euro 6 spec on a van.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
If it required AdBlue it's EU6. If not then at most it's EU5.

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
No adblue Carl, So these are new models with EU5 engines.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Yes then. AdBlue is a requirement of EU6 engines to combat NOx

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom