E-Class Speaker problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keithm

Reaction score
OK next problem.
My 97' E-class 280 AvG is fitted with a Blaupunkt CD Radio - Toronto RDM 126.

The sound quality was very poor with the front passenger door speaker not working at all. I'm not sure if it was like this when I got it 3 years ago or it died on me after that.

I've put up with it for ages thinking that it was the speaker. but quite by chance, with the radio out, I pulled off a connector with one brown wire attached to it. suddenly all speakers now work and sound quality is great - I also use to get an alternator humm but no longer.

The plug is a MB plug that was fitted to the back or the radio ( it looked like it belonged there!) - the main plug with all the rest of the wires obviously still remains in place. As mentioned there is just one brown wire on this plug.

Whilst I'm delighted that all systems are working again I'm slightly concerned what this wire does or did and what effect unplugging it will have.

thanks in advance for your help

Keith

Arnie

Reaction score
I think that BlauPunkt was not a factory fit radio for MB in '97. It may therefore be that someone incorrectly wired it. Brown is usually the colour for earth or ground wires (12v negative).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom