E220 Bluetec CDI Indicator signal

Colin Dunn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 BlueTec 2014
Maybe just me as a new owner. Indicator stock - signal left or right. Holding down the stalk for a few seconds should flash three times. Not always. Appears to be intermittent fault or is it me? HELP!

Paul1948

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 CDI 2003
Sounds like lane change facility as mine, only works on straight line and turn indication requires the stalk to be fully depressed and then it cancels after the turn. This is standard I believe on most mercs

OP
C

Colin Dunn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 BlueTec 2014
I see, so only really works on Motorways not country roads. It got so bad, I stopped to check it and of course it worked. You theory appears to be correct.

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C350 CDI Sport Estate
I find just a quick tap of the indicator stalk - just to the point of resistance, not fully engaged - for a fraction of a second reliably sees three flashes. Doing it any longer will just see it flash while held. Exactly the same as my old Ford Focus and my friends VW.

Scoob.

OP
C

Colin Dunn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 BlueTec 2014
I'm afraid not. A quick tap is just one flash - sometimes. The previous suggestion seems to be true ie only in a straight line do you get 3 flashes. Thank you for your input.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom