E220 Eco turns off with a error "Presafe user functions limited"

S Qureshi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 2014
Dear members

I wonder if you could help me with this. I believe few of benz user must have came across this message at some point. My E220 that I purchased 2 months ago from Cargiant, model 2014 is acting a bit weird now. The car turns on with Eco mode on but as soon as i hit brakes & engine goes on stand by, the eco mode turns off it self after this Presafe user functions limited error. The car jerks a little and moves on with E (normal) mode. If i turn off the engine completely, it goes back to echo mode but the same thing happens again. Can anyone shed some light on if its just me or the vehicle is actually acting stupid? Is it a known fault or I am the lucky one lol

P.s: I have tried both with climate control possible recommendations, with all the windows and sunroof on (without aircon) & with air con. the issue presists

Thanks in advance for your help

Westheath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
Sometimes if the vehicle has had accident repair work the sensors need resetting.
also
Check all sensors are clean and not damaged.

OP
S

S Qureshi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 2014
Sometimes if the vehicle has had accident repair work the sensors need resetting.
also
Check all sensors are clean and not damaged.

Many thanks for the reply. Im not aware of any accidents or repairs done on this vehicle but i guess ur right that sensors might need resetting. I have cleaned all the sensora as described in google forums but nothing has worked so far

barian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S213 E220d
When you say the engine goes to standby, I assume you mean it is shutting down as part of the eco start-stop function. I believe that when this happens the supply switches to an auxilliary battery. If this is faulty, a voltage drop or spike might produce odd symptoms. You might try selecting the Eco mode to "off" as soon as you start the car to see if that pins the fault down to something to do with that mode. But the car probably needs a proper diagnostic test.

Robert Wachman

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220
Dear members

I wonder if you could help me with this. I believe few of benz user must have came across this message at some point. My E220 that I purchased 2 months ago from Cargiant, model 2014 is acting a bit weird now. The car turns on with Eco mode on but as soon as i hit brakes & engine goes on stand by, the eco mode turns off it self after this Presafe user functions limited error. The car jerks a little and moves on with E (normal) mode. If i turn off the engine completely, it goes back to echo mode but the same thing happens again. Can anyone shed some light on if its just me or the vehicle is actually acting stupid? Is it a known fault or I am the lucky one lol

P.s: I have tried both with climate control possible recommendations, with all the windows and sunroof on (without aircon) & with air con. the issue presists

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi Qureshi --
DId you ever get a solve on this?? -- Exactly the same problem is happening to me...
Thanks in advance

Top Bottom