E300 Td Glowplugs

FIBAMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180,C180,E300TURBO DIESEL
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY GUDANCE NOTES ON GAINING ACCESS TO GLOWPLUGS ON MY 98 E3OOTD.
ITLOOKS LIKE THE AIR INLET MANIFOLD HAS TO COME OFF.
WHAT ADDITIONAL KIT eg GASKETS WILL I NEED FOR THE JOB.

Hibbo

Reaction score
I'm about to do mine soon, manifold definately has to come off, I'd deffo fit a new gasket. I think you need a star drive to remove the manifold.

Parrot of Doom

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Was an E300TD, now a Lexus LS400
You need to search the forums for this, there are issues that have been discussed many times before which you will need to be aware of.

If you don't, you'll be back posting about your snapped glow plugs!

OP
F

FIBAMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180,C180,E300TURBO DIESEL
Thanks for the tips guys.
Hibbo, I spend a lot of time in Scotland thro work, will you do mine while you are on with yours?

Hibbo

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys.
Hibbo, I spend a lot of time in Scotland thro work, will you do mine while you are on with yours?

Erm, I'll have a think about that one mate,

It's not that I mind doing work for people, it's just that these glowplugs have a nasty habit of snapping, and I don't want to be responsible for you having to get your (at best) prechambers or (at worst) cylinder head removed :-(

popsicals

Reaction score
remove washer bottle then the egr vacuum pipe. you will find 4 star drive bolts but you can use an 8mm ring spanner to undo them, bit of a knuckle basher though.
remove top of engine cover then you will get better access to the star drive bolts holding manifold in place.once undone carefully break the seal .Heater plugs can be emoved with a good quality socket. mine are 12mm

Iain the gadget

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W208 230CLK W163 ML270cdi
Recently done this on both a six pot and the 5 cylinder .Easy job once the inlet is out of the way.I'd definately replace inlet gasket at about £7 and smear some copperslip around the threads on the new glowplugs.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom