E340 jerks while in crawling traffic

ajmalsherif

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 Avantagarde
Hello to all members

My E340 which is now ten years old has a slow pickup from stationary. On occaisions I have to depress the accelerator a lot before i get a response, for example while pulling away at a roundabout. It drives fine on motorway drives. Also it mildly jerks at low speeds, especially when i am crawling in traffic, as if it is about to stall but doesn't. It gets worse when i have heater on.

A recent service and new plugs has not made a difference :(

Any advise most appreciated

Thanks and regards

Ajmal

BachelorDays

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2000 w210 E240 91k (Nov13)
Its a 2003 (W211)? How is it when stationary? If you just rev it to 1500 or 2000rpm is the accelerator ok then or still very slow? Is it any different when engine cold and how is the idle? How many miles on the clock?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom