E350 Estate Tailgate not fully closing

Al Ness

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 2010 Estate
Hello
I have recently acquired a 2010 E350 estate, which so far has been brilliant.
However I have a problem with the auto closing tailgate/boot lid.
It closes down, makes the correct locking sounds and then a short electric motor type unlocking sound. It seems to be safely closed but the dreaded red dash light comes on as soon as I drive off.
Any advice would be great please.
Al

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Might be worth lubricating the hinges and the locking mechanism at the bottom, I do the hinges every 6mths or so as they are open to the weather and do become dry and then tailgate won’t fully lower occasionally.

The locking mech on the 210 wouldn’t lock properly and lubrication sorted it out I haven’t had this problem with the 212 as yet but will add that to the lubrication list

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Does it close correctly when using the in-car switch?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
It won’t close with the internal button anyway surely on an estate?

OP
A

Al Ness

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 2010 Estate
Might be worth lubricating the hinges and the locking mechanism at the bottom, I do the hinges every 6mths or so as they are open to the weather and do become dry and then tailgate won’t fully lower occasionally.

The locking mech on the 210 wouldn’t lock properly and lubrication sorted it out I haven’t had this problem with the 212 as yet but will add that to the lubrication list

Hi Thanks for the quick response. I've done that but still no joy.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Sounds like its sensing an obstruction

OP
A

Al Ness

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 2010 Estate
Sounds like its sensing an obstruction

Hi
I agree about the obstruction, but there isn't anything to see anywhere out of line along the seal or boot lock.
It's the way it closes properly and then appears to reopen a tiny bit that is weird.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom