1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E350e production delays?

Discussion in 'General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion' started by Domguess, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Domguess

Domguess New Registration

Your Mercedes:
    e350e 2017
    I've had a new e350e on order through my company car scheme since around April. I have recently been told that there is still no build slot allocated and an expected delivery date is now 30 January 2018 (originally estimated at 10.October 2017). I am told there is a 'heavy restriction on the e350e engine' The factory has not advised the reason for this and I wonder whether anyone knows more or has had a similar experience.

2. andrew056

andrew056 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    1993 SL320 , 2004 240 CLK cabrio, 2006 ML 320cdi
    Quite a few new mercedes seem to be delayed , I ordered a GLC AMG43 back in May and was originally told July then 15th September , now sometime soon maybe , but I'm not holding my breath . I guess yours is new technology and they have'nt
    built up the volume yet.

3. turbopete

turbopete Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2010 '60' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi Zetec (sorry)
    wasn't there issues with the hybrid vehicles? something about them catching fire, from memory, so possibly restricted due to needing parts for the recall that was around for the ones that weren't burnt out?