1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay fraudster warning

Discussion in 'Mercedes Goods on eBay' started by flowrider99, Apr 15, 2017.

1. flowrider99

flowrider99 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    ML350 (W166) / SL500 (R230)
    If anyone comes across an ebay member Davikandra-8 please be cautious. My son sold him an engine cover for a Seat Leon which was paid for, delivered to the purchaser and signed for only for the fraudster to do a chargeback with PayPal. My son has tried to make contact but had no response. The fraudsters address is in Sheffield and his PayPal address is David961@gmx.com.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  2. robparker

robparker Senior Member Authorised Forum Supporter

Your Mercedes:
    300SL, C43, 6.9, '72 220d, '01 C220CDI
    There are more scam buyers than sellers on eBay nowerdays

3. DREAMER NO2

DREAMER NO2 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W124 2.6E M103
    Did you tell ebay about this?
    What was the reason he told you , or ebay,, that he was able to claim his cash back?.
    And above all get in touch with paypal

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  4. Craiglxviii

Craiglxviii Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W215 CL500 Garage Queen; W212 E220 AMG Night Edition; W211 E320 Avantgarde Estate Designo Edition
    I second this. PayPal are poo- hot. All credit to them.

5. OP
    flowrider99

flowrider99 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    ML350 (W166) / SL500 (R230)
    Been to PayPal and they said nothing they can do. Ebay not interested either.

6. Gkinghorn

Gkinghorn Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
    My experience of PayPal is they want you to work through disputed sale stuff on eBay first ... once you get through that they get involved..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. davemercedes

davemercedes Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av
    Very recently I had a strange one. I bought an oven (having arranged that I would collect it before I bid). In my first message to the seller I said I would be able to collect on Saturday xx date early morning (meaning I could get it out of his way quickly) and he replied "Yes, that's fine" and sent me his mobile number.

So I bid and won and called him on the collection day and he said it was difficult because "he was at work". He said I could call later on and he would call me back - I phoned again and he said he'd forgotten and was having to work late! After that he avoided replying to every email and diverted my calls to his mobile with an app that said he was "on another line".

So I phoned EBay - the girl I spoke with was VERY helpful. She looked at the mail history then told me the only way I could cancel was by asking the seller - but she confirmed his behaviour was outside their T&Cs and took the seller details to report him. She said if he did not approve the cancellation to call her back and then EBay would remove the item - so I cancelled about half an hour later and he confirmed almost immediately.

Really weird guy. There I was trying to spend money and being frustrated repeatedly! He had had a couple of negatives (which usually puts me off but they were about quality and the item was still in manufacturer wrapping etc). All I know is I'm glad I didn't pay up front for anything!

That same evening I phoned another EBay commercial seller and arranged to go to his premises the following day to buy another - which I did with no problem whatsoever.

8. Trev1964

Trev1964 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Slk 2006 350
    PayPal don't do refunds easily. Seller gets his chance to fight his corner....

9. Lord_Lucan

Lord_Lucan Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2005 W203 C220 CDI Sports Coupe
    Sounds as though it didn't achieve the price he "wanted" and so he decided to play silly beggars in the hope you'd lose interest. Bet he relisted it and it sold for more.

10. yorkshire1

yorkshire1 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    "98 S202 C250TD Manual hybrid
    take your baseball bat to sheffield for a day out,

a) Itll frighten the s88t out of him that youve turned up
    b) he,ll pay up!!

11. Some guy on the internet

Some guy on the internet Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    A few.
    Have you contacted the buyer to point out his CC payment bounced?

If not, I'd start there.

12. davemercedes

Your Mercedes:
    I suppose that's possible and I do use "snipe" to bid in the last few seconds. But the funny thing is I was intrigued enough to look for it over the next couple of weeks and he didn't do that and then for the last couple he has been silent.

Looking deeper at his negative feedback lines I now have the impression he's a nutter - things like advertising marked/damaged items as "like new" etc. I was disappointed though because in 10 - 12 years I've never had to give negative feedback - any problem I've had has always been solved quickly by the seller. The Ebay girl I chatted with said I should do on this one but as he cancelled immediately I just ignored the "runt" after that!

Still, a luck escape in the end!

13. Frontstep

Frontstep Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    T210 320cdi
    Pay Pal refunded me despite me telling them one of the two items had now arrived and to send me an amemded bill.

14. davemercedes

Your Mercedes:
    Heh heh... It's great when a plan comes together isn't it?