ECO problem - not working

Marcus Romer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 MHEV
Heard somewhere on this that can be DPF related give it a 65 mph run for about the same miles see if it resolves issue.

so you don’t think the relay on SS battery may need replacing?

thanks

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
I think. Someone else will confirm. If DPF has issue, needs cleaning cycle, ie a decent run, or forced regen. Ecco is disabled. Wait for someone else to confirm. Not in a position to turn on my laptop to confirm.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
My W204 2012 had the same issue. Echo yellow permanently, now with a new battery Echo turns green after a minute or two. However, when I stop at the traffic lights the engine goes off, but then religiously it restarts on its own offer 20 seconds!

Would there be any chance the start stop battery relay be the issue?

check the manual...… its HOT and no doubt you have the air con on.... it will be saying, wow its warming up, fire it up so the AC actually works

the whole idea of stop start is just a method to sell more cars

...because by using it you are damaging the car - heavily wearing the engine / starter / alternator / batteries etc. Replacement of which will create much more pollution than the engine off could ever save, by a ratio of a few thousand to one. There's a reason taxis do to 500k miles its because they run at operating temperature and are driven modestly without stop starts on the engine. Your government is in on the act.... all these traffic schemes to increase congestion, vastly driving up pollution and wasting your life are not accidental. It helps sell more cars, gets an excuse to charge you more taxes and the jams stop you focusing on what really matters...

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.

the whole idea of stop start is just a method to sell more cars

Really? Could you explain why?

I've never heard about anyone rushing out to buy a car because it has "stop/start".

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
you aren't serious are you ?

the wear on the valve train trying to get the cams to start turning is horrendous, then they drop down to an almost made of plastic, single roller chain that stretches and snaps just outside of the warranty period

faced with an 8 to 15 k repair bill most normal people would replace rather than reapir - hence even if you buy secondhand - somewhere they sell another car (quadrupling the pollution at manufacture over older designs of car that used to do 20 years easily)

Top Bottom