ECU Code

andrewg55

Reaction score
Despite the car running perfectly, fuel consumption, performance etc. The following codes appear.

P0136 O2 sensor circuit malfunction (Bank 1 sensor 2)
P0130 O2 sensor circuit malfunction (Bank 1 sensor 1)

I had the O2 sensors changed six months ago! The light comes on sometimes after 400 miles or as little as 40.

CLK 200K 2001 (Red top engine)

Any idea's?????

Andy

Last edited:

type49

Reaction score
I've seen many Snap-on & non MB code readers producing fault codes which don't come up when connected to a proper MB Star diagnosis machine. The car's own computor is very good at picking up problems & putting the warning light on the dash. If you have no light & it's running fine, I would ignore it.

Merc Tech

Reaction score
The V.V.T. cover on the front of the engine seeps oil and coats one of the electrical plugs in oil causing the ecu to pick up an O2 sensor fault.

OP
A

andrewg55

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! The light has been off for over 300 miles, had two new tyres put on the rear today and as soon as I started the engine to go, on came the light again with the P0130 code ????????????????????????????????????????????

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
Check for oil in the wiring loom.

Very common fault that has been discussed here loads of times. The oil comes in via the cam solenoid at the front of the engine.

karlefr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w213
I would change to a Vodafone sensor!:D

Sorry!

Top Bottom