egr fault code

Valerie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 220 CDI Sport Auto
hi folks first time on and probably not the last unfortunatley.Have had a few problems but will keep it to the fault code that i got.Twice the car has lost power and both times when put on diagnostics it has came up p2511 and 2511-1 check the component y27/9 (LEFT EGR/ARF POSITIONER) Positioner signals fault.Hoping for some info as changing the egr valve is expensive(dont mind the cost as long as it cures problem)and not alwasy guaranteed results.The car is a clk w209 220 cdi.Sorry meant to say i have already taken the valve out and cleaned it up(wasnt the worst i have seen)Thanks in advance.

Dogfish

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL203 C220 CDI SE Sports Coupe. 2002.
Don't know what the codes are/mean.
Sounds as if the egr valve isnt working, either its dirty and stuck or lost vacum or an electrical issue.
For blocked egr and inlet manifold...
Try taking off the intercooler pipe and scraping as much muck out as possible. Get hold of some Bradol EGR cleaner and follow the instructions and spray into and over the valve. A cautious application over the MAF may help too. Then take it for a long drive to really warm up and blow itself through.

Hope you get it sorted, very frustrating when they get sick. :(

OP
V

Valerie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 220 CDI Sport Auto
thanks for the reply.i have cleaned it best i could and was moving freely but was just wanting to know if there was anything connected that could through up the code.gets frustrating when you think you are doing the right thing when replacing parts only for the same codes and symptoms to return.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom