Electric Cars

Noelmc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500/2005/4966
How many homes though have a beefy enough power feed to charge these vehicles fast with most home consumer units rated at 30amp max.

Most new homes have a 100A single phase supply, rolec has just installed a 32A charge point for us, I asked the installer if we ever got two EVs would we have a problem in fitting another 32A charge point, the answer was probably not (night charging, no electric heating load, and diversity).

OP
davemercedes

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Trouble is blind volunteers have significantly more attuned hearing than normally-seeing ones, and it's those one needs to worry about.

Consequently, when we do testing, we use seeing volunteers with blindfolds on. Big difference to the results.

By the way I agree about the "texters".

In a former life I worked in the wine trade and I was taught to close my eyes when smelling and tasting wine i.e.: switch off one sense to heighten another.
Try it! Cheers!

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Big conference on next week on the future of EV lifecycle items- how to recycle used batteries. The outcome should be interesting as it's an international conference and will set the global trend.

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Most new homes have a 100A single phase supply, rolec has just installed a 32A charge point for us, I asked the installer if we ever got two EVs would we have a problem in fitting another 32A charge point, the answer was probably not (night charging, no electric heating load, and diversity).

Most older homes which there are many many more of have 30AMP breakers. Plus one needs to factor in the cost of running a 30amp or possibly higher outlet to the outside of the house/driveway too.

A better idea would be a docking station where the car could drive up slowly to a charging point so when you get out you dont have to struggle with cables in the rain whilst trying to get the kids and the shopping into the house. Just one common scenario.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Most older homes which there are many many more of have 30AMP breakers. Plus one needs to factor in the cost of running a 30amp or possibly higher outlet to the outside of the house/driveway too.

A better idea would be a docking station where the car could drive up slowly to a charging point so when you get out you dont have to struggle with cables in the rain whilst trying to get the kids and the shopping into the house. Just one common scenario.

Wireless near-field effect charger docking stations to be laid into the surface of one's driveway are already well into their development phase.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom