Electric front seats will not move

colin ling

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 280 CDI 2008
Hi
Can anyone send me a wiring diagram for a 2008 ML280. Neither front seat will move, and all advice on fuses etc gratefully received
Thanks

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
perhaps you should check to see what else isn't working colin ? if fond it unlikely that if its not a fuse , that just both front seats would both stop working and nothing else

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
The seats will be fused separately.
Is the battery low by any chance, maybe the consumers are inhibited?

OP
C

colin ling

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 280 CDI 2008
perhaps you should check to see what else isn't working colin ? if fond it unlikely that if its not a fuse , that just both front seats would both stop working and nothing else
I can’t find anything else at the moment. I have a MB11 code reader but drew a blank with that.

OP
C

colin ling

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 280 CDI 2008
The seats will be fused separately.
Is the battery low by any chance, maybe the consumers are inhibited?
It starts ok (lives in a garage) and they will not work with engine running

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
I've seen it take a while for the consumers to come back on.
I would check the battery voltage to at least eliminate that as a possible cause.

13enzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Benz ML 270 cdi Auto W163 2002
I can’t find anything else at the moment. I have a MB11 code reader but drew a blank with that.
Hi
To let you know that I am a complete novice at mechanics....so if this does not work then I apologise.
I have a Mercedes ML 270 cdi Auto 2002 model.....The front passenger seat stopped working :confused:
If you look under the front seat, you will find some wires/connectors.....if you look or feel with your fingers, you will find that a connector plug has dislodged or just become slightly loose.....press all connectors tightly together and your seat should start to work again...this problem has occurred with me more than once because passengers sitting behind the front seats usually move the wiring with their BIG feet and connectors become dislodged, hence the problem......that is why I do not let anyone sit in the back anymore, instead I make them all walk :).....

OP
C

colin ling

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 280 CDI 2008
Hi
To let you know that I am a complete novice at mechanics....so if this does not work then I apologise.
I have a Mercedes ML 270 cdi Auto 2002 model.....The front passenger seat stopped working :confused:
If you look under the front seat, you will find some wires/connectors.....if you look or feel with your fingers, you will find that a connector plug has dislodged or just become slightly loose.....press all connectors tightly together and your seat should start to work again...this problem has occurred with me more than once because passengers sitting behind the front seats usually move the wiring with their BIG feet and connectors become dislodged, hence the problem......that is why I do not let anyone sit in the back anymore, instead I make them all walk :).....

Thanks for all the advice, I found the problem yesterday afternoon.
I previously had a problem with the fuel guage showing I had fuel when the tank was empty. A test on Star suggested the rear Sam was faulty. I changed the Sam and had it coded and the seat problem probably occured here. I put the old Sam back yesterday and the seats now work and the new Sam did not fix the fuel guage problem. The range left display on fuel guage counts up and down continually, so I will have to go back and try Star again

SRE

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 2005
When you say the range left display counts up and down continually, do you mean when stationary? My range adjusts according to the current mpg as I am driving.

OP
C

colin ling

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 280 CDI 2008
When you say the range left display counts up and down continually, do you mean when stationary? My range adjusts according to the current mpg as I am driving.
Stationary or driving, I filled up yesterday after refitting old Sam and it read 621 miles, by the time I drove 2 miles home it was 489. It did exactly the same with new Sam, when it gets down in the 300’s it counts back up. Before the fuel guage problems, mine was like yours ie “My range adjusts according to the current mpg as I am driving”

13enzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Benz ML 270 cdi Auto W163 2002
Thanks for all the advice, I found the problem yesterday afternoon.
I previously had a problem with the fuel guage showing I had fuel when the tank was empty. A test on Star suggested the rear Sam was faulty. I changed the Sam and had it coded and the seat problem probably occured here. I put the old Sam back yesterday and the seats now work and the new Sam did not fix the fuel guage problem. The range left display on fuel guage counts up and down continually, so I will have to go back and try Star again
Hi
I am glad you managed to make some headway......but just for curiosity what is a “SAM”

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
I had a feeling this would turn out to be a SAM issue , glad your sorted on the seat front colin

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom