1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric Seat Problem.

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by Richard Hallett, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Richard Hallett

Richard Hallett New Registration

Your Mercedes:
    C208 2001 CLK430 Convertible
    I know there are loads of threads about electric seat adjustment but none seem to cover my problem.
    Basically, my driver's seat will not move forward with the door switch. It will move backward fine. Also, the memory buttons will move the seat forward so I assume the motor is fine. Also I noticed that the seat will not move forward when the back is rocked forwards to allow rear access. Furthermore, if I move the seat backward it doesn't stop when it gets to the rear seat, but would just clash if I kept my hand on the button. I am wondering about the control unit in the door as I have tried a replacement switch unit and the same happens, so its not that.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. GlosRichCLK

GlosRichCLK Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2012 W212 E350 CDi and 2001 CLK 230 Kompressor Cabriolet A208
    So you've changed the switch on the door panel?
    My passenger seat sometimes does the same, but if I play with the door switch it works, I assume I need a door switch. Seen used ones on eBay, but not got round to it yet.