Engine fault scanner advice w212

Cambr1dge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 e250cdi
hi,

I had my yellow engine light come on while driving yesterday, a day after my w212 e250cdi flew through its MOT! Could you please recommend a good fault scanner I can buy using Amazon prime?

Thanks and merry Christmas!

steveq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 Merc S212 E220CDI Estate; Tesla Model 3; 1965 W113 Merc 230SL Pagoda
Hi,
I would recommend that you get an icarsoft i980.
It is specifically designed to handle Mercedes codes although it will handle all OBD11 codes.
I have one for a couple of years now and it is great.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
I had the iCarsoft i980 for a couple of years and found it excellent.
Then I 'upgraded' to the iCarsoft MB2.
Chalk and cheese!
The MB2 is chunkier to handle, but has a far better screen with much more easily read fault descriptions, better navigation buttons and process, and a wider range of facilities.
And old eyes appreciate its clarity.

Droverunner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 CLK 220 CDi Sport. 2014 S-Max 2.0TDCi.
>>>Chalk and cheese!

Well to be fair it's the difference between a pretty good cheese and a slightly better cheese.

I had the choice of either earlier this year and went for the i980 as the buttons/screen size of the more expensive model were no advantage to me and it had minimal extra ability for use on our 2007 CLK... but of course it may be on a different model some of the extra functionality would be of use.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
I'm surprised more aren't going with a posh adaptor and using a phone...

anyone tried this ?

http://www.mycarly.com/product/mercedes-app/

one dedicated to Merc seems a waste, for not much you can do all the cars, its not proprietary any more EU law means how to play is out their to third party vendors, yes there are nasty ones but there are also very good ones.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MD808-PR...942706&hash=item3aedf99f64:g:urcAAOSw1YRZntKn

or this... set for merc only (or silly money to do everything)

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https://www.obd-2.de/shop/profi-diagnose/scandoc/hardware/46/scandoc-compact?number=SDC-MERCEDES&edit-text=&act=url

Main features of the ScanDoc ECU Diagnostic System
  • Read error codes and display in plain text
  • Delete error codes
  • Display the real-time data
  • Control actuators
  • Identification of the vehicle and control units
  • Programming the immobilizer
  • Parameter Settings and programming div. Parameters
  • Reset the service interval display
  • Coding, teaching, adapting
  • Display the installation locations of the diagnostic socket
  • OBD-2/EOBD Diagnose OBD-2 / EOBD diagnostics

Stompbox

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220SE Cdi 2006
Hi - a basic question here - where do you plug the fault code reader in/where is the OBD socket on a 2006 C220SE CDI (W203) please?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Usually under the dash above the driver’s right knee.

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
I'm surprised more aren't going with a posh adaptor and using a phone...

Generic OBD2 readers can only normally access the ECU where the MB specific ones can access many more of the controllers to reset SRS/SBS errors ;)

I can also highly recommend the i980. Depending on your vehicle, the MB 2 might offer very little benefit. There is a new v2.0 that might be worth the extra outlay.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Thanks - I'll have a look - got ABS/ESP warning light - it came on yesterday......
Reluctor rings/ABS sensors like it seems every MB on here at the moment! How strange we’ve had a read spate

Mark A

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58 ML-320CDI.
Recently bought a Foxwell NT944 Pro to use on a variety of brands, good level of detail on many of the systems not just the engine.

M

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom