Engine temp - urgent advice needed

mercdriver25

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi Auto (w203)
Hi guys,

I need some urgent advice please.

I have a 2002 270 CDI with about 100k on the clock.

Noticed this morning after an hour drive, followed by some stop-start traffic that the engine temp was showing up as 90-95 C on the display. I though it was a but odd as usually sits arund 80-85 C. Anyway, turned off the car.

Later returned, and started driving it (city driving) - again temp going up to 95-100 deg C. See pic...

I'm not sure if this is abnormal or whether its just be being paranoid. I'm aware that driving in traffic can cause the temp to creep up, ut wasn't sure whats considered normal. No problems with performance etc., and coolant levels seem OK.

I have a motorway trip happening this evening, so any advice would be appreciated as to whether this ir normal or not (and if not, what it could be)

Cheers.

Attachments

• 23042009006.jpg
    23042009006.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 28

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Do a carrot test, on the engine fan, when the gauge is showing 85c slowly try and feed a carrot into the fan blades, it should chop it up,if the fan stops then it needs a new visco coupling

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom