EQB Tailgate not opening / closing automatically

estilgoe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eqb
I’ve had the car for just over a year now but this issue has been happening for a few months. Whether I activate the tailgate through the driver side button, the key fob, or the button on the tailgate, it will open / close roughly a quarter of the way and then stop. I just want to know if there’s a fix I can try, or if I have to take it to a dealer to get it looked at. Thanks

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome,

Worth lubricating the hinges in the first instance

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
have you inadvertently told it to stop part way? There was an option on the dash cluster of my R Class to only open part way but on my ML if you part open the tailgate & then press & hold the button on the tailgate it'll 'bong bong' and then only open to that position. To cancel, manually fully open the tailgate & then press & hold the button on the tailgate till it 'bongs'

OP
E

estilgoe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eqb
Th
have you inadvertently told it to stop part way? There was an option on the dash cluster of my R Class to only open part way but on my ML if you part open the tailgate & then press & hold the button on the tailgate it'll 'bong bong' and then only open to that position. To cancel, manually fully open the tailgate & then press & hold the button on the tailgate till it 'bongs'
Thanks a lot. This has worked

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom