Excessive brake dust

patxi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E350 Estate
I'm on holiday with the Mrs at the moment down in the sunny south of France, about 1500 miles driven so far.
What this lengthy drive has revealed is that the front left hand alloy has significantly more brake dust on it than the front right - which looks about normal. There is no steering pull, no unusual noise or vibration, nothing out of the norm except loads of dust.
Should I be concerned? There appears to be plenty of pad left (as far as I can see without lifting the car). What could be the cause?
Thanks, Pat

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The near side wheel picks up more dirt/dust than the off side one and normal.

But I do not get dirty wheels.

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C350 CDI Sport Estate
The near side wheel picks up more dirt/dust than the off side one and normal.

But I do not get dirty wheels.

Are you not using ceramic brake pad now though television? I know they're on my list for when mine need replacing. In the meantime, I'll put up with the excessive dust - I'm to tight to spend money just to save 5 minutes with a soapy sponge :)

Scoob.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Must admit the AMG brakes on my CLS are far more dusty than the Sports Pack ones on the S203. Still only takes a quick wipe over with Showroom Shine or Last Touch deailer spray to clean them up.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Are you not using ceramic brake pad now though television? I know they're on my list for when mine need replacing. In the meantime, I'll put up with the excessive dust - I'm to tight to spend money just to save 5 minutes with a soapy sponge :)

Scoob.

Yes I am still using EBC and have been for 12 years or more now. Its very hard if not impossible to have any form of discussion on brake pads on this forum. On Benzworld members have good discussions with none of the silly post that we get on here, mind you in the USA they have more variety of ceramic pads than we do.

Just do a google search "ceramic brake pads" and read them yourself.

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C350 CDI Sport Estate
Yes I am still using EBC and have been for 12 years or more now. Its very hard if not impossible to have any form of discussion on brake pads on this forum. On Benzworld members have good discussions with none of the silly post that we get on here, mind you in the USA they have more variety of ceramic pads than we do.

Just do a google search "ceramic brake pads" and read them yourself.

Yep, have had them bookmarked for a while now...still no need to replace my existing pads just yet though :)

Scoob.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom