Featured Job : W202/208/210 Complete key failure (Old big key)

Mark@RMK

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.replacementmercedeskeys.co.uk
Your Mercedes
115CDi Vito
Featured Job No2: 1997-2001 W202 (Same system in w208CLK/w210 E Class)

Fault ; Key would not unlock or lock doors or turn in ignition. The fault starts out to be an intermittent fault with locking/unlocking the vehicle and taking sometime to turn in the ignition but eventually turning and starting the car. Sometimes the above has happened, and after changing the batteries car is completely un-responsive to the key.

Diagnosis - Key failure, or end of its "life". The big old keys (See picture attached) can only re generate a certain ammount of times and when batteries are low or dead it can cause the motorola 705e6 MCU to miss calculate a Hash (Code) meaning it can't comunicate with the cars EIS through IR or RF(Locking frequency)

Solution - Re-Hash key. Simple re programming of the key so it re calculates its data. Once we have taken data from the EIS and reprogrammed the key it is usually good for a few years to come. However we always recommend having a spare made while we are there!

Cost - Key Reprogram is £125:D

Featured Job no3 on its way!

Mark

Christian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w205 AMG Edition, Panasonic washing machine :)
Mark ,

I will need one for my CLK w208. I have one but the casing is fully broken. Any help ?
Many thanks.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I think that Mark sell new cases.

Christian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w205 AMG Edition, Panasonic washing machine :)
Will buy a case then.

Many thanks M

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom