1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fire opal red colour problem - HELP!

Discussion in 'Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels & Trim' started by ralph12, Jul 3, 2016.

1. John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W212 E63 ///AMG V8 Biturbo Volvo XC90 2018
    Good to hear- we were just saying on another thread on this that we don't see 204s very often with fire opal red and that they are stunning in that colour! Perhaps some pics please when it's finished?

2. AJD

AJD Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2012 W204 Sport ///AMG Line 4dr Auto, Obsidian Black.
    Hi Mark, welcome to the forum. I trust that your chariot as you call it is having the full monty rather than just the currently affected areas

3. TVR Man

TVR Man Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    350 E Cabriolet 2014
    Hi folks. Bought a fire opal red e class cabriolet 2 yrs ago from MB Worcester. It was 18 mnths old with 6k miles on clock. Now just over 3 yrs old with 16k miles and started showing signs of micro blistering at start of Oct. MB Worcester very good and have arranged for some panels to be resprayed. So far so good. But they have said that MB don't totally strip down the car and they will only repaint 7 panels - so not the whole car. Does anyone know a) how long do they warrant the paint job for? b). Will the resprayed panels fade at a different speed than panels that have paint on already 3+ yrs old? and c) will the micro blistering come back? Thanks Dave

4. Rotorhead500

Rotorhead500 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    And now... a C63!
    First thing I would is ask them about their bodywork warranty from factory.

If the original hasn't lasted as intended, then anything other than a full strip is unlikely to.

From others' experiences on here, MB do need a bit of persuading to do the decent thing!

5. MikeJenner

MikeJenner New Member

Your Mercedes:
    2012 C220 d AMG Sport Coupé
    Hello Ralph. I have a 2012 C220 d AMG Sports Coupé in fire opal. I have this morning just picked my car up from the dealership having been away for about two weeks having a repaint under a Mercedes paint warranty claim. I have a panoramic sunroof so all of the other panels were repainted due to the problems described.

I believe that warranty claims are being treated individually on a case-by-case basis and Mercedes only agree to repaint the affected panels Even though Mercedes acknowledge that there is a paint problem with fire opal

6. MikeJenner

MikeJenner New Member

Your Mercedes:
    2012 C220 d AMG Sport Coupé
    I have a 2012 C220 d AMG Sports Coupé in fire opal. I have this morning just picked my car up from the dealership having been away for about two weeks having a repaint under a Mercedes paint warranty claim. I have a panoramic sunroof so all of the other panels were repainted due to the problems described.

I believe that warranty claims are being treated individually on a case-by-case basis and Mercedes only agree to repaint the affected panels Even though Mercedes acknowledge that there is a paint problem with fire opal.