First Mercedes

Keanos Dog.

New Registration
Reaction score
Hello People,
I take delivery of my first Mercedes(c class sport coupe) on Tuesday from the mb dealer-any tips from you people who know what to look for?
Thanks Keanos dog.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Such as ?
Is it new, used - age - mileage - model etc?
I assume if its used, its covered by the MB warranty. If so then any problems they will sort it.

kit820

Reaction score
I don't know whether yours is a used pre facelift or otherwise.

I had problem with my power steering then there is the much talked about issue of the vehicle pulling left. Listen out for any noise inside the interior... its all very flimsy and the plastic trim gives you hell of an annoying experience. The same goes for the front seat (passenger side in particular) gives a creaky noise but incredibly for a hatch back, there is no noise at all from the boot or the parcel shelf which is pretty amazing.

On this site, many fellow members refer to the coupe as a hatchback rather than a coupe.

Enjoy your new car.

nicky

Banned
Reaction score
Keanos Dog. said:
Hello People,
I take delivery of my first Mercedes(c class sport coupe) on Tuesday from the mb dealer-any tips from you people who know what to look for?
Thanks Keanos dog.

Hi there, and welcome to the world of moans and groans............

stwat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 300SE
nicky said:
Hi there, and welcome to the world of moans and groans............

Are you saying that he will pull lots of totty in his new car??? :lol:

Stu

kit820

Reaction score
On the moan and groan issue, I do not want to cross the line of decency but here is a risky undertake based on my personal experience so....

Being a self conscious and reasonably presentable straight male, driving the C sports hatchback does indeed attract a lot of attention, primarily from two types of people:

1: Ladies with their chanel sun glasses and gucci handbag.
2: Men wearing pink t-shirt and ear rings carrying Selfridges shopping bags.

My suspicion is that the former are keen on the car and on the car only (next on their shopping list) whilst the latter probably prefer the chap on the steering wheel.

I always consider driving this car as being the feminine side of me. At best I could only be the girls' best friends and not quite the totties' magnet. Furthermore, I cannot see this car returning any 'PHYSICAL' favour to me unless I was to alter my 'ORIENTATION' somewhat. And preferring a lesser profile, I usually leave the C class to my mother and instead run about on my W210. Still no moan and groan though but it does give me trouble free safe motoring.

I do not want to put off any straight male from driving this car but since the initial questionw as about 'what to look out for', I thought some anthropological stand point may be a useful suppliment here.

ivegotcclass

Reaction score
kit820 said:
On the moan and groan issue, I do not want to cross the line of decency but here is a risky undertake based on my personal experience so....

Being a self conscious and reasonably presentable straight male, driving the C sports hatchback does indeed attract a lot of attention, primarily from two types of people:

1: Ladies with their chanel sun glasses and gucci handbag.
2: Men wearing pink t-shirt and ear rings carrying Selfridges shopping bags.

My suspicion is that the former are keen on the car and on the car only (next on their shopping list) whilst the latter probably prefer the chap on the steering wheel.

I always consider driving this car as being the feminine side of me. At best I could only be the girls' best friends and not quite the totties' magnet. Furthermore, I cannot see this car returning any 'PHYSICAL' favour to me unless I was to alter my 'ORIENTATION' somewhat. And preferring a lesser profile, I usually leave the C class to my mother and instead run about on my W210. Still no moan and groan though but it does give me trouble free safe motoring.

I do not want to put off any straight male from driving this car but since the initial questionw as about 'what to look out for', I thought some anthropological stand point may be a useful suppliment here.

Thats is quite a post and here is my first, I hope I'm welcome on this Forum as I'm soon to take delivery of my 1st Merc after having a few great years as an Alfa Romeo owner.

The irony of the quoted post is that it was the first one that I read ont his forum and is decribing the car that I'm about to order as a "hair-dressers" car. I mocked my friend when he got his C-Class Coupe and I told him he had bought a 'birds' car, that was before I drove one and sat in one myself.
I agree, the car will be admired when out and about and I'm very much used to that after driving Alfa Romeo but I wonder if everyone is of the opinion that Lipstick Ladies and Gay Men are the only admirers of the beautiful styling of the C-Class Coupe.

I for one, will be proud of my Coupe.

kit820

Reaction score
This is by no means a backtrack to my earlier comment, afterall those were just some of my personal experiences (that perhaps somebody may wish to learn about) but one thing for sure, whatever kind of attention I get on the C hatchback, it is one decent car and like many others, I do feel proud of this car. I could not possible think of another car of its class that has such a cutting edge look. It simply looks sharp and if a hairdresser was driving one, good on him as he must be doing pretty damn well for himself. I certainly paid handsome money for mine.

When it comes down to it, getting the attention is one thing, being bothered by it is quite another. But due to the nature of my work, its often considered best if I kept a lower profile in my transporting means, hence the W210. On weekends however, with that panaromic glass roof and the gutsy engine, the C is a fantastic drive.

Finally, since MB will not be replacing the C coupe when the new C class comes out, I have a feeling that this will soon become a modern cult classic. Plenty on the parts and unique in its style are two very good reasons.

Enjoy your drive.

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
The problem i have found with the SLK55 is that boy racers in souped up corsa's (admittedly with very attractive blonde next to him) attempts to race me at any opportunity? even in C auto and in the running in period (no going over 4500rpm) it totally annililates his M Reg monstrosity. do you think he was showing off the his G/F or did he just want to hear the exhaust. either way they won the race as i sat there smiling when the lights changed and he used up his fuel, and shafted his clutch and stuff.

as far as looking at this car goes, i have noticed most are admiriing glances from knowlegable types of both sexes. and at shoeburyness, a guy said "that is a sick car". I never heard him but my 14yr old neice who was with me did and she said thats a good thing. bit like bad being good.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom