Fitting an aftermarket 10.25" Android Touch Screen to a W204 Facelift C 180

88Pliskin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C CLASS 2013 FACELIFT C180 SE BLUETEC
Hello
Just joined the forum and looking to fit a 10.25" Android screen that I have seen about on Facebook supplied by CKM www.ckmcardesign.com. Has anyone here fitted one and what was there experience of it . Is it worth it. I would like to see one installed in a Vehicle before I order one. If anyone near Chester or thereabouts would let me come and have a look at the install it would be much appreciated.

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
I can’t help with the fitting but it is a bit out of date. The current android units are octacore (PX5 based) with 4gb RAM and 32gb ROM.
PX6 based units are slso starting to appear.

I fitted one recently to replace a COMAND 2.0 and very pleased with it.

A few little niggles with steering wheel control but nothing major.

I have completely updated the software though with a patched MCU firmware, custom android ROM and a third party launcher to get to a point where I’m happy with it both in functionality and audio quality.

Attachments

• 46DE15BA-345E-4B88-9AB1-44A3C8A501B5.jpeg
    46DE15BA-345E-4B88-9AB1-44A3C8A501B5.jpeg
    479.4 KB · Views: 38
OP

88Pliskin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I can’t help with the fitting but it is a bit out of date. The current android units are octacore (PX5 based) with 4gb RAM and 32gb ROM.
PX6 based units are slso starting to appear.

I fitted one recently to replace a COMAND 2.0 and very pleased with it.

A few little niggles with steering wheel control but nothing major.

I have completely updated the software though with a patched MCU firmware, custom android ROM and a third party launcher to get to a point where I’m happy with it both in functionality and audio quality.

Hi AnthonyUK.
Thanks for the swift reply and info, Were did you get your unit from.

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
There is an Erisin UK distributor which I felt was a bit safer than ordering from Aliexpress and were priced the same.

Here is there ebay store link - https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/erisin-eu?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Similar to a lot of products coming out of China, you can not always be sure what you are getting or where it is coming from.
It is worth reading up on the XDA forums for some background on the handful of actual manufacturers and how to identify your unit - https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto

OP

88Pliskin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi AnthonyUK
Thanks for the info . I will take a look and see what they have to suit my vehicle
Cheers

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
There isn't an Erisin or other version with the ability to dual interface between Android and the Mercedes system unfortunately, they effectively replace the functionality and you lose the OEM side. There also aren't any newer Android versions of the 10.25" size with the dual interface either yet, its Android 6 which has been fudged to act like 7 to get some features installed. There is a version 8 from one supplier but again it does not have the dual canbus interface and looks like a dogs dinner from a UI perspective.

I have one of these fitted to my A207, and fitting it pretty straight forward in those. In the C class it has been more problematic if you don't have the Aux jack socket and are relying on the USB interface.

I bought mine from Chris at CKM as I was an early adopter and to be honest I wouldn't bother now, as any questions I had he didn't really respond to and I worked with others on MBWorld to resolve them. We more or less have a self help group of people who have fitted them to help others across 3-4 threads on that forum. Save some money and find a UK supplier to get it from. One of the threads on MBWorld has the details of a UK supplier.

To his credit, Chris did get some of the early bugs resolved with the manufacturer, but there is a much bigger eco system now.

OP

88Pliskin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
There isn't an Erisin or other version with the ability to dual interface between Android and the Mercedes system unfortunately, they effectively replace the functionality and you lose the OEM side. There also aren't any newer Android versions of the 10.25" size with the dual interface either yet, its Android 6 which has been fudged to act like 7 to get some features installed. There is a version 8 from one supplier but again it does not have the dual canbus interface and looks like a dogs dinner from a UI perspective.

I have one of these fitted to my A207, and fitting it pretty straight forward in those. In the C class it has been more problematic if you don't have the Aux jack socket and are relying on the USB interface.

I bought mine from Chris at CKM as I was an early adopter and to be honest I wouldn't bother now, as any questions I had he didn't really respond to and I worked with others on MBWorld to resolve them. We more or less have a self help group of people who have fitted them to help others across 3-4 threads on that forum. Save some money and find a UK supplier to get it from. One of the threads on MBWorld has the details of a UK supplier.

To his credit, Chris did get some of the early bugs resolved with the manufacturer, but there is a much bigger eco system now.
Hi 400ixl
Thanks for the update on the above . Much appreciated. I think like you say I wont bother and just the keep the Head Unit as standard. Cheers

OP

88Pliskin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Stu
Forgot to ask in the last post if you have the link to the thread for the UK supplier ?
Thanks

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-...ndroid-headunit-installed-37.html#post7586668

For anyone that wants to know where I got mine from then contact a guy called Terry from Innomade car products store on Ali express the screen works perfectly and fits flush on my rhd car. He even emailed me instructions and files for amg boot up logo plus helped with any issues I had. Fast delivery came less than 2 weeks and bargain price of £440 for the version 2 with 2 gb ram and 32 gb memory even comes with a additional 8gb sd card and vinyl stickers as a gift.

The poster is having a bit of a spat with Chris at CKM Designs though.

Looks like the seller he refers to is https://www.aliexpress.com/store/420626

OP

88Pliskin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Stu
Thanks for the info I will have a look at the site
Cheers

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom