Football is coming home

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Lyn, don’t you mean “for once” and not “once again”? :)

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Is China playing? If footballs going home it means China has to win the world cup?

They did do well tonight. Makes a welcome change from the over egoed prima donnas we normally see prancing and diving about the field.

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
God there are some miserable people on this thread. Haha

Only this forum where everyone feels the need to have a pop on a subject they have no interest in rather than let others enjoy it.

Classy.

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Lyn, don’t you mean “for once” and not “once again”? :)

I thought they'd lose last time too, so I guess I was referring to "once again" as being how I felt "once again"? I'm confusing myself now :oops:

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
I’m not a misery. I’m totally fair. I detest both football AND cyclists.

Oh, and lorries should have their own dedicated roads...
I do some road biking and mountain biking, we're not all bad. :D

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
I do some road biking and mountain biking, we're not all bad. :D

A wee bit off topic (but I agree) ....

Back to footie?

Thoughts on the last 4 people?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
well, heres something to consider.
If we had Russia in the next round and beat them, it would not have gone down well. BUT, if we beat Croatia, we will be seen by the Russians as the team, that beat the team that knocked them out, and we will all be friends again !!!!!!!

Yes i do remember the 1966 world cup, and yes i was 13 years old, and played a lot of football, and yes i made it to a professional team, Gordon Banks was my idle then, so you can guess what i did on the park. Unfortunately a very bad knee injury which required a lot of surgery finished me before i had a chance, at 15 years old, spending three weeks in Hospital, and walking with a stick sort of put me off the game a bit.
But i still like to follow it, all i can say is WELL DONE TO THE ENGLAND TEAM FOR GETTING THIS FAR.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
England winning was unexpected by me, but perhaps I should have more faith.
Southgate appears to have a squad that has no big head superstars but a good close bunch of players in good form.

I hope England can progress to the final and then its all to play for. Croatia are certainly the best team England will have faced so far outside of Group team Belgium.
My head says France or Belgium will win it but here's hoping.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
We've got a good change of winning, I'm not that mad on football but am surrounded by people that are.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
England have a great chance to beat Croatia and past matches are in Englands favour. I think the final will be England v France.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Those highly overpaid prancing showoffs are winning whats not to like .........................

My only complaint is i was not good enough as a child but I still dreamt of scoring the world cup winner.

I listened to someone on I think question time condemning overpaid footballers (again) why single them out ? there are many people with huge incomes from the sports and entertainment industry at least you know footballers have worked hard for it.
I know quite a few people who are extraordinarily rich and have never worked hard at anything they just inherited.
Not far from me lives a young man (out walking his dog as I type) who has done exactly that, he spends or "invests" millions I'm not sure he can even run.

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
Well done England. What happened to the Scots ?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Too busy playing Cricket ODI ( or rounders as we like to call it) :):p
In seriousness I’m also a 20 year plus in England , English wife and kids so right behind England hope they make it all the way ...this team seem to be a right good bunch of honest footballing lads who work hard for themselves and each other , no squabbling and blame. Southgate is doing a brilliant job imo

OP
mancman

mancman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 250D
image.jpeg Have you all got your cars dressed up for wed night.

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011

We remain in a delusional state of adequacy when it comes to expectations for our team which we appear unable to achieve.

Should be 2 great semi finals ....

As John I am supportive of England and I will say it again that this is the best non ego team England have put together for many a year ... And it “might” come home ...

Sound up for this

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
From what I've seen don't park it anywhere near football fans!

Anyone know how this ended up in the technical section?
And how it’s still here? Thought it had been moved? Ah well...

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
We remain in a delusional state of adequacy when it comes to expectations for our team which we appear unable to achieve.

Should be 2 great semi finals ....

As John I am supportive of England and I will say it again that this is the best non ego team England have put together for many a year ... And it “might” come home ...

Sound up for this

Well, I think it's time for us all to get behind the English team to wish them well, whether we are Irish, Scots, or Welsh, we are one big happy family on a small Island, aren't we ? Let's put behind us our petty national rivalries and unite for once.

Cmon Engerland

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom