For any remaining doubters

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Ooooh that is a chunk to find !, I think we have all scoffed at those invoices and thought they were un-inforcable. That will sure make us all think again :rolleyes:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
There's someone who's deposit on a house has taken a hit. I feel a little sorry for her but then ignoring hundreds of tickets isn't going to end well.

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ge300, w124 300e, various VW's
I'm in court shortly re a parking charge on a car I loaned my son, he was parked in a slot that came with his property and as it was only while his car was being repaired he say no point in changing his permit. Since this event the company sticking on tickets have lost their contact due to excessive zeal...I expect to win.

curious

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Only the Vito left! W639/1 OM646
It'll need a similar judgement in England & Wales to set a precedent south of the border.

I'm also guessing it can be subject to appeal.

OP
drmw

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
It'll need a similar judgement in England & Wales to set a precedent south of the border.

I'm also guessing it can be subject to appeal.

The precedent was set some time ago and on that basis, there's no appeal process - this was only news because of the amount

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
As said these have been enforced for a while now, but some are probably ignored by the company that issued them if it is a single invoice. This being a huge one was worth the company taking the offender to court.

She had either been given bad advice or googled it and listened to the wrong people

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
Need to get Martin Lewis on the case. :rolleyes:

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
they took her to court before , when the fines were at 18k in total but she still ignored them , got what she deserved in the end , silly mare

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
So often the armchair lawyers give out their advice.
From someone who has been in many courts I can tell you I haven,t seen an armchair in one yet.
You can never be certain of winning a twix out of the vending machine.
These charges can sometimes be defeated but the google lawyer,s advice is only any good if he offers to underwrite your costs.

Plasmadaddy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class Cabriolet
I'm not certain that the armchair advice is that these invoices are "unenforceable" as such but rather that many of these parking companies won't bother trying to take you to court for 80 odd quid if you're prepared to ignore their threats etc.

Obviously this stupid woman didn't take much notice / ignored their warnings / chucked away each and every invoice to such an extent that for 24k they decided it was definitely worth their while!

I still maintain that it's worth a try on a one off ticket - most of these companies use various bully boy tactics and threatening letters to get their own way.

Flame on........!!!

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
I'm in court shortly re a parking charge on a car I loaned my son, he was parked in a slot that came with his property and as it was only while his car was being repaired he say no point in changing his permit. Since this event the company sticking on tickets have lost their contact due to excessive zeal...I expect to win.

Would you be more annoyed if someone other than your son had parked there and didn't get a ticket?

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom