1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vehicle FOR SALE Privately - 2010 CL500

Discussion in 'Mercedes Car Classifieds' started by andynpz, Aug 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. andynpz

andynpz Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2010 CL500, silver, 5.5 litre, naturally aspirated - SWMBO's car 2007 SL350, silver.
    P1000568.jpg This is easily the best car I ever owned - swift, silent, comfortable, luxurious, sleek, rare; but advancing years make me turn toward a smaller Merc.
    Full MB service history, 9 months MB EXTENDED WARRANTY, no dings, no faults, 4 new Pirelli P zero tyres, MOT to June 19, two-tone grey interior. pm me for more pics or questions.
    MB of Oxford have offered £15k. Looking for £16k. Cheers, Andy
    PS rarest of w216 models as facelift but retains 5.5 ltr V8

2. Craiglxviii

Craiglxviii Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W215 CL500 Garage Queen; W211 E320 Avantgarde Estate Designo Edition
    If I had £16k spare I’d be snapping your arm off..!!!

3. AJD

AJD Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2012 W204 Sport ///AMG Line 4dr Auto, Obsidian Black, Light Grey Faux Leather
    What a lot of car for the money, unfortunately I am in the same position as you and have to settle for a smaller MB :rolleyes:

4. daibevan

daibevan Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006
    +1!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. shine

shine Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CL W216 + SL350
    Thanks Andy...What is the millage or have I missed something.

6. OP
    andynpz

andynpz Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2010 CL500, silver, 5.5 litre, naturally aspirated - SWMBO's car 2007 SL350, silver.
    No
    it's me. 45463 miles

7. shine

shine Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CL W216 + SL350
    Thanks for that, did MB Oxford supply the CL.

8. OP
    andynpz

andynpz Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    No MB of Bedford

9. ThinkPad

ThinkPad Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E W212; C W204
    Lovey car, very tempting!

10. OP
    andynpz

andynpz Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Come to the Cotswolds any time You will succumb!

11. Lord_Lucan

Lord_Lucan Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2008 W204 C320 CDI
    I'll be following this thread just to see if anyone on the forum snaps it up. What a beautiful thing she is!

12. Submariner1

Submariner1 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CL500 2009 5.5
    Looks like a lovely low mileage car, extremely good value.
    An awful lot of car for the money. One would have expected at least £17K but I guess its Brexit pricing from now on. :( ... unless one is buying then its :):)
    Might be worth noting a few big extras, like if it has reversing camera and HK upgrade

13. flowrider99

flowrider99 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    SL500 (R230) / Audi S5
    Brexit pricing? Politics should be in the Politics section of the forum.

14. Submariner1

Submariner1 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CL500 2009 5.5
    Excuse me ...
    Actually I was taking about the economic influence on the price of Mercedes Cars.
    Poor pound and low consumer confidence.
    In this 2nd hand case, I attribute it to low consumer confidence, fundamentally fuelled by our twitchy FX Traders.

Maybe you haven't heard about the fields of Mercs lined up in Holland to stock up England “just in case” there is a tax levied on imports.

;) Should be some stonking new car deals post the deadline, when it all settles down ... and the EU realise they have to give us a deal :) and MB realise they are grossy over stocked!

I thinks thats quite pertinent to an MB forum ... and I certainly wouldnt rush out to buy a new Merc pre the deadline, and the effect the inevitable subsidised cars after the deadline will decimate 3 year old values.
    Fine if its a PCP or whatever, where you just hand it back!

I’ve long since given up contemplating the Political side of Brexit, and our inept negotiators.

15. OP
    andynpz

andynpz Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Circumstances (SWMBO's health - she's OK now - had cataracts removed from both eyes with 4 weeks between surgeries and suffered a good deal of pain, subsiding to discomfort, for at least 3 weeks after each op. She was very disappointed as so many folk had said there was no pain for them. Anyway all fine now and eager to chase up a couple of possibles. Must have been my lucky day - found the spec and colour I wanted still unsold at MB of Oxford but price reduced by £1k since mid August. I had also pulled some evidence off other MB websites that £15k was not as generous as it might be for a spiffing CL 500 and got to £16k, so now can't wait for Wednesday delivery!!!Did I not say what I bought? Do you want to have a guess? Bet you won't get itII All revealed with a photo on Monday evening

Cheers, Andy

16. John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W212 E63 ///AMG V8 Biturbo Volvo XC90 2018
    S Class AMG S63 2 door ? Seems the logical step from a CL> possibly my next car too....

17. Blobcat

Blobcat Moderator

Your Mercedes:
    W213 E220d, Smart R451 CDI, Porsche 911 C2S, Land Rover 110 County SW
    I'd say it would have to be a Smart ForTwo - stays on brand (mostly) and retains the classic 2 door coupe looks :)

18. OP
    andynpz

andynpz Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Unsurprisingly, it is somewhere in between your two suggestions It's a 2015 W242, a car I didn't know existed 6 weeks ago
    Long-story short. I don't drive as well and as accurately, at 75 yrs old with Parkinsons. SWMBO never really liked CL due width in cotswold lanes meant very close to verge when passing opposite direction traffic. looks worse from pax seat. I feel a B-class is narrower, easier to get in and out at our age, but not sufficiently interesting till I find the ElectricB, MB"s least well known car.

We used to winter in Naples FL - 10 years ago a tiny company called Tesla brought four slighty modified Lotus roadsters fitted with
    electric motors, to an upmarket shopping mall. I got to drive one on a 3 mile route and felt as if I had been shown the future. (I had been a sceptic ( as I was, about mobile phones, 2 decades earlier...................... and about as wrong as it is possible to be wrong).

Five years ago Elon Musk opened a dealership in the same mall, and I drove a Model S over the same route. Unbelievable, as the Floridians say; They mean, almost unbelievable, of course, because it's like nothing else in your motoring experience. I hoped I might one day get a Tesla but the ModelS is too big, the Model X has silly doors, and the Model 3 is still a way off for Brits (RHD)

Just when I needed it The Electric B reached 3 years old and a dozen or more PCP plans (I guess) have ended and the cars are on the market some with tiny mileages. Sorry this is turning into a book and I must be up early. More tomorrow evening

19. davemercedes

davemercedes Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av
    Inept?
    Come on - they're not that good!

20. OP
    andynpz

andynpz Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Just in case you're still listening! I swapped the 8 yr old CL (wealthy pensioner with a beautiful car - what is it, by the way?) for a 3 yr old Electric B (ageing academic vegan with plastic shoes and a car that looks like an ice-cream van - what is it, by the way?).

So far so good -so much more nippy than the CL and the charging is a doddle. The savings are considerable though it wasn't bought primarily for that. VED is zero vv £540. 100 miles is £3 (22 Kwh @ 13p per Kwh) for fuel vv £30 (5 gallons @ £6 per gall)

Anyway, it fulfils my three rules of car buying, as below Life's too short ............to have the same car twice
    .............to keep a car for more than two years
    .............to drive an ugly car .............. though the B only just scrapes by this rule. Plain rather than ugly perhaps!!