front lower aux fog lights on a ml320?

daimc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml 52 320
hi guys just a quick one im trying to get the lower aux fog lights to work on my 52 plate ml320. ive changed the bulbs in them also checked the relay(with a working relay) and fuses all in the engine fuse box and still nothing.
Ive turned the dipped headlights on then pressed the aux switch on dash and have a green light on both the dash and switch but still no fog lights. the rear fog lights if i press the switch down.

any ideas

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Is it not, pull up one stop for the front fogs, and pull up two stops for the rear fog?

OP
D

daimc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml 52 320
no mate fogs are on a seprate aux switch

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ah, that's different from mine ...

If both are out, and with the new bulbs, then it must be the signal from the switch to the SAM, otherwise you'd get bulb out message in the instrument cluster, and the lines are split to left and right from the SAM, so can't be that.

It might be a dried solder point in the switch, so worth taking it out to have a closer look?

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just looked at this, and the switch can be easily removed - I'd check the 6-pin connector first, could be a simple broken wire.

Pics in this listing give a good idea as to how the switch is held, and also show the 6-pin connector: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223034963948

Last edited:

penton

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W163 ML 2002 320 R170 slk 230 komp.
I have the same model year ML as you. I don't know exactly what is causing your problem but on my car I always leave the lights on auto. When I unlock the car the lower fogs come on as a courtesy light. If yours don't illuminate like this I would think the problem is a little deeper than just the switch. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

OP
D

daimc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml 52 320
Someone told me that I've got to call into mercedes for them to activate my fogs unless I jump the relays in fuse box with the rear fog

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
So, as a 'thank you', for my troubles printing and emailing him 18 WIS files and his datacard, Dave (daimc) decided not to pay for the 5 pairs of light bulbs he 'bought' from me.

He made some silly excuses - last one four days ago (bad WiFi), and now simply stopped replying to PM, emails, PayPal reminders, etc.

Charming, isn't it? That will teach me posting stuff to people I don't know, before getting the funds in.

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
GLK. yep, agree, i always like to see payment first, just so as one knows.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom