Fuel Line Problems

320pilot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 CLS 320 cdi
2006 320CDI coupe

Returning home yesterday I put my foot down to overtake a tractor and half way past it the engine misfired badly so I immediateley pulled over on to the grass verge. The engine was still ticking over as normal so I set of again. As soon as the revs reached 2000 ish it started to misfire badly. Luckily I could still manage 50/60mph doing this so arrived home ok. It was then that I could smell diesel fuel and on further investigation this morning it seems one of the braided hoses is leaking badly. I can't get underneath to see which one so can only view from the top with the nearside air filter removed.
Obviously they will need replacing. Has anyone attempted this job? Advice on part numbers, availablity etc would be great help.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Sounds like the leakoff pipe, air is getting in and causing the misfire. Any pictures of the leaks?

OP

320pilot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 CLS 320 cdi
Sounds like the leakoff pipe, air is getting in and causing the misfire. Any pictures of the leaks?
Thanks Alexander. Unfortunately I can't gain access to the pipes. Are you suggesting that the leakoff pipe has just come adrift or may be broken?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom