fuel problem or clutch judder ??

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Cdi Estate Manual 2012
I own a 2012 C220 cdi sport estate now 60k manual

About 9000 miles ago the cutch flywheel and release bearing were changed due to cutch judder or so I thought, all seemed fine until I went to Europe in June (6 months after the clutch was replaced), on the return journey I noticed a small judder when pulling away in traffic on the M25 but didn't take much notice, this has steadily got worse as time has gone by. The car has been returned to the garage who changed the clutch who have said there is nothing wrong with the car, now driving it regularly you know how the car runs and i'm telling you there certainly is !!

When the engine is cold it starts and drives ok but not as I think a Merc should, sometimes when ticking over the revs drop and then regain about 800rpm as they should be, it is very snatchy, when at car park speed in 1st or 2nd (usually 1st) you can get a "kangaroo" effect not smooth 10 mph as usual, it's a little flat on acceleration and mid range a slight mis fire when accelerating and decelerating maybe described as lumpy and then when you have driven aprox 70 - 100 miles and the engine is hot every time you start off from a standstill the famous judder !! which actually differs in severity, sometimes not noticeable other times shakes your teeth loose.

Now my question, could there be a fuel regulator that may be knackered or similar, or is this just how they run (I hope not as its pretty **** for a car of this quality I believe) or has the clutch failed again at 9000 miles since changing (REALLY).

I have posted this before but just asking about clutch judder.

The car has been on a diagnostic but nothing showing but as a driver you know its not right.

I did ask someone else to drive the car and they agree with me it doesn't appear to be running properly and in his words "certainly not hoe he imagines a 60k c class should"

Any advise would be welcomed

Thanks

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK230, 2007 CLK220 CDI
I can't offer any direct help I'm afraid. However I wonder if there's oil contamination of the clutch lining causing it to come to the surface when really hot thus causing the judder. I've had new cars with seemingly incurable clutch judder, new clutches only being judder free for a very short period. Both of the cars affected (not Mercs) were disposed of earlier than I would normally have done.
Good luck with sorting this but have you considered swapping for an auto ? Most people on here have auto.

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
I think you should resolve the running of the engine first it seems like you have a fuel or electrical problem.
Once that’s sorted it will be easier to
find any further problems.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
as above , you seem to have a running issue but as for the judder , id say your DMF is failing

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
So, any form of mis-fuel fault would log a fault code in the engine electronics, so a STAR diagnosis test would be the first port of call. I've not had anything so far on 651's which have caused the fault you are describing.

Is this the same fault before the clutch was fitted? Is it the same fault which is now getting worse? Is it a completely new fault after having the clutch replaced? Was a DMF fitted as well as the clutch?

Answers to the above will go a long way to getting a rough idea of what may be wrong.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom