Gear change issue

fakkhan

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240/2003/V6
I have 2003 MB E240.. Recently my car just started giving an issue. While driving suddenly the gear locked at the 2nd gear and did not change automatically. I stopped and tried the reverse gear and it did not work either until i switched off the car and restarted and everything seemed ok. Now it has been 2 days and no such issue. I went to the workshop and they checked and told me that there is an issue with the electronic chip for the gear. But i am confused that the issue is not consistent, it just happened and now its not happening. Help me plz...The workshop told me that this will cost me more than $200. COmments and help plzzz..

My email: fazim5@hotmail.com

mattuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c320/2001/3.2 v6
I am not sure but I'd say it could be connector plug. If gearbox oil is leaking there it could mean that connector is getting wet causing it. It is common problem in 722.6 tranny.lay under car and try to locate plug if is wet or no

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
May need a new speed plate, if you check out my facebook page I posted a few pics of this being replaced last week. It will help you understand what it is. A new plate here in the UK is £204+VAT, fitting about £75 then new oil and filter. All in around £350-£400.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom