Gear lever problem

mountfuji20

Reaction score
Hi all ,

Hope your having a good Bank holiday relaxing.

Anyway got a question and hope someone can give me a easy reply and please dont tell me its going to be expensive!!!!

Last few days keep having problems getting out of Park on gearbox but only seems to happen ever now and again and only after starting engine anyone had this problem what about you Malcolm we have the same car as you know
:rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
As BackC55, the brake light switch is the cheapest possible cure.

No, not happened on mine

OP
M

mountfuji20

Reaction score
Hi Malcolm and BlackC55 I am still away with work at the moment but car had to going due to Wife couldnt get car out of park .

So off it went to MBTech in Warrington and found to be the selector switch now repaired and all ready for me to drive this weekend coming.

To be honest I hope this is the end of all these problems I have had or I will start to think about changing it for something else, keep my fingers crossed

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for posting back, you have had your fair share of problems, with luck they could all go away and you will hae second thoughts.

OP
M

mountfuji20

Reaction score
Well Malcolm missed you guys for a while with work whats all this stuff about valve caps then!!!:D
Looks like I will have to get some or that will be one more thing you have more than me.;)

Anyway for information the cost of selector switch repair at MB Tech was £540.00 hate to think what it would have cost at MB shop.:shock:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
These valve caps are not for anyone without a garage as they get stolen all of the time. I have the link, Its a bit of fun really

As you say that price for the selector not too bad, but bad enough. Lets hope that your troubles have come to an end, for the best part this model has a good name.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom