Gear Selection on Display has disappeared + Limp Mode

jinkazama

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL55/2003/500bhp
Hi,

So history is I had water ingress into the passenger footwell earlier this year from a blocked drain. The inside was stripped, connectors cleaned and luckily the car started. At some near point after the EML came on and there is no gear display in the cluster - STAR gave a P2076 and the indy I used said we need a theft related part, gear selector but they cannot order so it has to go to main dealer.

Ok, it is what it is but before I do this, the car is a CL55, and in the passenger footwell on the other side of the steel plate are some modules, of which one I understand to be the transmission control module. Although the connectors point downwards in this, the water backfilling into the car would have run down the kickplate and past these modules, is there anyway to test if this module is performing as it should, I'm slightly wary about STAR due to the water ingress so before I go to any main dealer does anyone know how to test this module other than physical observation.

The car is also 2003, so I appreciate this could simply be an age related fault and could indeed be the gear selector or conductor plate etc related to the display showing, but touch wood everything was fine before the ingress and if there is a transmission module in that exact location it points to something wrong there before anywhere else.

Thanks

Top Bottom