gearbox fault clk 320 cdi

kingsandgreen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk270cdi 04/ clk320cdi 06/ slk230 convertable 01
hi all, I have an intermittent fault with my 7g box, occasionly when I try to go from drive to reverse the stick won't move pass neutral but if I take foot off brake will then change, once had to turn off engine to get shifter to move pass neutral box functioning normally other than this. no faults showing on code reader is there a micro switch associated with the foot brake clk 320 cdi 2006

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Get it hooked up to check the codes , could be an ESM on its way out ...

OP
K

kingsandgreen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
got a couple of fault codes, p1856, 240c seems to be pointing to ESM, £450 + vat for unit, do these units need to be programmed to car or are they plug n play been offered used one from reputable merc breaker but unsure about whether would need reprogramming

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
A fair question I can't answer! I suspect it will need coding but hopefully someone with Star will be along shortly to answer that, yay or nay...

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Snap On scanners are rubbish on MB.

Sounds like the gear selector module is failing. Quite a common issue. Suspected fault codes will be that there is no communication with the ESM and engine ECU.

OP
K

kingsandgreen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
cheers steve, going to ring mer care in Plymouth for diagnostics, can a second hand one be fitted or are they programmed to car

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Yes, they are plug and play. We fit second hand units now and again to cars as a new GSM is around £650+VAT. Got one for my old mans E Class from Prestige All Parts the other week for £100.

OP
K

kingsandgreen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes, they are plug and play. We fit second hand units now and again to cars as a new GSM is around £650+VAT. Got one for my old mans E Class from Prestige All Parts the other week for £100.
thanks for that steve, spoke to prestige £102 delivered will have star diagnostic tomorrow just to be sure, help much appreciated :)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Result hopefully, great when you have helpful folks like Steve on here!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom