General Election...June 8

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
Theresa May needs to go. She is not a people person, preferring to live in her ivory tower surrounded by advisers with the public kept at length. The common people don't like that approach. Take her visit to Grenfell Tower and not talking to residents - disgraceful! She needs to go and soon in my opinion if only for damage limitation. The main problem is who would replace her? There does not seem to be anyone remotely personable at present.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Theresa May needs to go. She is not a people person, preferring to live in her ivory tower surrounded by advisers with the public kept at length. The common people don't like that approach. Take her visit to Grenfell Tower and not talking to residents - disgraceful! She needs to go and soon in my opinion if only for damage limitation. The main problem is who would replace her? There does not seem to be anyone remotely personable at present.

That's because the people who want to replace her, want to have her take as much of the flak as possible for everything, before giving her the boot.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Boris, Boris, Boris, Boris................The saints preserve us :rolleyes:

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
I would imagine there are a few pretenders waiting in the wings. IMO though the Conservatives could well get a good kicking at the next General election so the current PM job is a poisoned chalice, so we won't see these people until after that.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
I would imagine there are a few pretenders waiting in the wings. IMO though the Conservatives could well get a good kicking at the next General election so the current PM job is a poisoned chalice, so we won't see these people until after that.
Before that, they're in for kicking at and from feedback regarding the EU negotiations anyway, so getting any other respected politician in the hot seat could only be beneficial.
- I think those who would (and will eventually) like to see the back of her are hanging back simply because of the Brexit talks.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Because they are all politicians and all politicians are ultimately interested in their own career.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Theresa Mayhem wanted to outdo Maggie Thatcher* and become the PM of the century. She has nothing going for her. Lady Luck is not on here side. But we are being once again held to ransom by the Tory Party, what they are doing is playing power games with
the British Electorate.
There is no way MAYHEM should be negotiating with the EU over Brexit.
*Why anyone would ever want to be like Thatcher is another question entirely

geraldrobins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2011/200cdi
Theresa Mayhem wanted to outdo Maggie Thatcher* and become the PM of the century. She has nothing going for her. Lady Luck is not on here side. But we are being once again held to ransom by the Tory Party, what they are doing is playing power games with
the British Electorate.
There is no way MAYHEM should be negotiating with the EU over Brexit.
*Why anyone would ever want to be like Thatcher is another question entirely
Like it or nor the Conservatives had more vote and more seats that anyone else at last weeks election.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
And like it or lump it she would still have a fairly comfortable though small majority without needing to do a deal with DUP if she hadn't called an election (as we all know, despite denying publicly that she would, no less than seven times - but that's just another lie!) in contravention of at least the spirit of the Fixed Term Parliament Act which her party and the Lib Dems in coalition put in place to prevent people like her seizing an opportunity to grab a landslide according to the prevailing situation. But instead what she did split the country again - probably as bad as the Brexit split.

A power grab: "strong and smells like a stable"!
And that's who we have now responsible for negotiating the "divorce" with the EU on behalf of UK.
- Do you think this is really what people voted to have?

geraldrobins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2011/200cdi
And like it or lump it she would still have a fairly comfortable though small majority without needing to do a deal with DUP if she hadn't called an election (as we all know, despite denying publicly that she would, no less than seven times - but that's just another lie!) in contravention of at least the spirit of the Fixed Term Parliament Act which her party and the Lib Dems in coalition put in place to prevent people like her seizing an opportunity to grab a landslide according to the prevailing situation. But instead what she did split the country again - probably as bad as the Brexit split.

A power grab: "strong and smells like a stable"!
And that's who we have now responsible for negotiating the "divorce" with the EU on behalf of UK.
- Do you think this is really what people voted to have?

I dont know what others voted for or expected. I voted remain.
But whoever negotiates the deal if there is a deal will be criticised by many. No one will please everybody.
Parliament voted to leave whether we like it or not.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I dont know what others voted for or expected. I voted remain.
But whoever negotiates the deal if there is a deal will be criticised by many. No one will please everybody.
Parliament voted to leave whether we like it or not.

Gerald
I wasn't talking about the Referendum - I don't like it but I'm resigned to the result and the ongoing pain of inflation and worse still forthcoming loss of jobs (not my problem, but my kids/grandchildren will suffer and I will NOT stop telling Brexquitters what they did!).

I just question what Mayhem did to our country with the latest "lying fiasco" it was totally unnecessary to call an election (just as it was totally unnecessary to spend our taxpayers' money to appeal the result of the court case brought and won by Gina Miller - yet another Mayhem diversionary tactic).

- As far as the divorce deal goes Mayhem will get - as I have said from day-one - exactly what we are given.
- But it will be "puffed up" by the Chinese Whisperers every day and presented as the best /most marvellous result possible.
- Look up: "Oink !"

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Rubbish. Do you think Jo Cox, for instance, was like that?
I'll retract my comment the day Corbyn, May, Sturgeon and libdem A.N.Other tell us they're going to bury party lines and work together to get brexit through.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Rubbish. Do you think Jo Cox, for instance, was like that?
OK, Ciaran that's 1/650... and the remainder?

I'll tell you: the remainder are motivated by a mixture of greed, power and and an overwhelming sense of their own importance.

In the Northwest as a kid, I met a genuine MP - Bessie Braddock, a fire-breathing labour MP whose every utterance (at c10000 db) was contrary to everything my parents told me.... 25 years later I realised she WAS 1000% genuine but extraordinarily rare.

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Brexit is going to be a disaster most likely. They'll let Theresa carry that, she's toxic already.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Brexit is going to be a disaster most likely. They'll let Theresa carry that, she's toxic already.
Yes, she'll carry the can but only nominally. Her severance pay and pension will be safe, of course.

The rest of us will carry the true cost. I posted yesterday about the projected high risk of a reported Brussels LEGAL plan that could force euro clearing out of UK after Brexit. It highlights the probability of 80,000 jobs being "stolen" by a legal challenge to take it away from UK while apparently our government have their thumbs up their proverbial *ums and minds in neutral... Of course it was poo-poohed by the armchair experts just like they pooh-poohed my forecast that Mayhem will get what we are given in the EU divorce negotiations.

I would like to hope these experts will volunteer to pay my portion of the unemployment benefit etc for these people starting next year - but I won't hold my breath...

Last edited:

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Like it or nor the Conservatives had more vote and more seats that anyone else at last weeks election.
Conservatives got 42.4% of the vote.
This means all the other parties got the remainder of the vote....over 53% = 10% more than the conservatives.
Conservatives got 318 seats
Other parties combined got 332 seats...

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Yes, she'll carry the can but only nominally. Her severance pay and pension will be safe, of course.

The rest of us will carry the true cost. I posted yesterday about the projected high risk of a reported Brussels LEGAL plan that could force euro clearing out of UK after Brexit. It highlights the probability of 80,000 jobs being "stolen" by a legal challenge to take it away from UK while apparently our government have their thumbs up their proverbial *ums and minds in neutral... Of course it was poo-poohed by the armchair experts just like they pooh-poohed my forecast that Mayhem will get what we are given in the EU divorce negotiations.

I would like to hope these experts will volunteer to pay my portion of the unemployment benefit etc for these people starting next year - but I won't hold my breath...
I do believe Dave at this stage of the game that the EU are playing with our minds, and hoping that there is a challenge to the Brexit Challenge and maybe we will decide to stay.
Things in some ways are moving in that direction ..eeks ... sorry brexiteers

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom