General Election...June 8

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Your a bit mixed up on this you complain of her being parachuted in yet when she puts herself to the vote you complain again.
You haven't noticed the opposition to Brexit ? how far did you have to get your head in the sand to not notice.
The woman switched because she believes in democracy.
She is Leader of the Conservative party only because the real hypocrite Cameron jumped ship when his gamble failed.
Surely a politician who does as their electorate ask is a true servant of the people ?
Something that's been rare in politics for too long.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No I'm not mixed up in the slightest...

The woman is an opportunity grasping hypocrite - if she had said "I voted to remain but I will do my best for the country simply because it's what the people voted for" I might just have believed her...:

LINK:
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...s-what-theresa-may-really-thinks-about-brexithttps://www.theguardian.com/politic...s-what-theresa-may-really-thinks-about-brexit

Exclusive: what Theresa May really thinks about Brexit shown in leaked recording
- If you really look there are plenty of these reports i.e.: when she now says the exact opposite to what she said before.

Then she continually plays the diversion game - such as wasting OUR money feeding her legal eagle pals for going to the Appeal Court when all she had to do was issue a single-sentence paper.... (which is more less what she did after spending our money on the court case) and now she's set off a general election claiming ""Division in Westminster will risk our ability to make a success of Brexit and it will cause damaging uncertainty and instability to the country." but as I said before neither her own nor the oppositions have caused her to lose a single vote since she parachuted herself into the "big I am" chair.

As part of the smoke and mirrors confusion to stop people figuring out how inept and unprepared they all are for Brexit negotiations, she has introduced other diversions such as her evangelistic "desire" to solve all injustices although she's not going to look at the NHS because in her own words (remember?) "there is no crisis!"

Well... here's an example - the front page of my local rag has a feature on a woman who has been diagnosed with Cushings Disease - a very serious disease where the body produces excess steroid hormones. But she has been defined as "compos mentis and fit for work" by the DWP even though her condition was "signed off" by her GP and consultant and the local job centre cut short an interview because she is "obviously too unwell to work".

- NB: I detest job-shy shirkers but I do believe we all have a duty to care for the less well off.
- I also detest holy "know it alls" (such as those she has had to deal with) even more - as defined by Mrs May's government.
- Mrs May has ultimate responsibility for this situation but it seems she's a bit too busy to notice or deal with this injustice.
- So this woman has had no income for eight weeks.
- Prior to falling sick she worked all her life.

I've voted Tory since I was old enough to vote. I always said it was the best of a lousy choice but they've had my last vote.
- Even if they eventually investigate and correct things for this lady, nobody should be wrongly treated like a false claimant and put through this.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
You clearly don't like her however i think citing one injustice on an individual person and expecting the Prime Minister to be aware of it is unreasonable.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
When all the opposition parties have been critising May for not being duly elected by the people how can they now refuse an election. If they do vote against they will be seen as untrustworthy hypocrites.

If they do vote against ???
- But they didn't! - So that argument is irrelevant!

The election was almost unanimously approved even though it was her party that created the rule of fixed government terms to stop sitting PMs calling elections - which is considered unfair (because they can judge when they might get a landslide victory)
- errr... unless you're Theresa May apparently.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You clearly don't like her however i think citing one injustice on an individual person and expecting the Prime Minister to be aware of it is unreasonable.

I don't really like any politicians (they're nearly all motivated by power, greed and an overwhelming sense of their own importance).

Why is it unreasonable?
- It's her government.
- They're her rules.
- As she has avowed to deal with "all injustices" she should have been told and done something
- Theresa May has had 8 weeks to hear about it!
- And if she wasn't told then that's just another job she's not done properly
- And most of all, the poor woman involved thinks it is unreasonable!

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
No, for her to be aware of the individual circumstances of 70 million people is micro-managing into insanity. This sort of thing is normally dealt with by the local MP.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I don't really like any politicians (they're nearly all motivated by power, greed and an overwhelming sense of their own importance).

Why is it unreasonable?
- It's her government.
- They're her rules.
- As she has avowed to deal with "all injustices" she should have been told and done something
- Theresa May has had 8 weeks to hear about it!
- And if she wasn't told then that's just another job she's not done properly
- And most of all, the poor woman involved thinks it is unreasonable!

You expect the PM of any country to know everything about every individual in their country?

You also can't expect change overnight!

You can't expect her to drop everything to just deal with injustices. It's called prioritisation of work.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
If they do vote against ???
- But they didn't! - So that argument is irrelevant!

The election was almost unanimously approved even though it was her party that created the rule of fixed government terms to stop sitting PMs calling elections - which is considered unfair (because they can judge when they might get a landslide victory)
- errr... unless you're Theresa May apparently.
The argument was relevant when i wrote the original post. :)

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Most of this injustice was created by the Tory party, I Dunkem Smyth, one of the biggest Brexit supporters, was the guy who introduced this policy and ensured it was implemented, as a means to punish those on benefits and out of work, so that they would have no option but to seek work. They also did away with benefits to the school leavers, regardless of whether they could find employment or not, pushing many of them into zero hour contracts, set up by irresponsible employers to avoid paying proper wages and national insurance for proper full time workers, when there was a pool of a new and young inexperienced workforce that had no where to go and no future and no work experience, so prime bait for the Tory party donors who initiated this cunning plan.
And you still think these are the people who should be running this country.
The EU was the last straw for them as it would and did thwart their plans for taking away other workers rights. But now they have managed to talk the people into leaving the EU, And got TM to front the great achievement, she no doubt will take the brunt if things wrong and they will just plan for other ways to screw the population.

Last edited:

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
Most of this injustice was created by the Tory party, I Dunkem Smyth, one of the biggest Brexit supporters, was the guy who introduced this policy and ensured it was implemented, as a means to punish those on benefits and out of work, so that they would have no option but to seek work. They also did away with benefits to the school leavers, regardless of whether they could find employment or not, pushing many of them into zero hour contracts, set up by irresponsible employers to avoid paying proper wages and national insurance for proper full time workers, when there was a pool of a new and young inexperienced workforce that had no where to go and no future and no work experience, so prime bait for the Tory party donors who initiated this cunning plan.
And you still think these are the people who should be running this country.
The EU was the last straw for them as it would and did thwart their plans for taking away other workers rights. But now they have managed to talk the people into leaving the EU, And got TM to front the great achievement, she no doubt will take the brunt if things wrong and they will just plan for other ways to screw the population.

what complete nonsense

Reactions: M80

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Seriously guys think of yourself and vote Tory, think of others and how they have been screwed and impoverished by the policies of this Tory government and vote to make a difference. It is only when you do care for and look after the weakest in society that Society works for all...

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
It doesn't matter what cuts you do with the current benefit system. It will cause an 'injustice' somewhere. But to expect the PM to know about the all is ridiculous and very naive.

Part of the problem is that people are expectant of walking into a highly paid job straight away. They're unwilling to work their way up or do jobs they see as beneath them. So we end up with a load of EU migrants who will do all these low paid jobs.

The government should ban zero hour contracts that I do agree with.

School leavers shouldn't get benefits. They should get off their arses and find a job.

I'm all for helping people. But years of abuse of the system by some and the fact that some on benefits could earn more than someone working was bonkers.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
It is nonsense to you David, but then you aren't in the tory party inner circle... and if you haven't seen I Dunkem Smyth make this point in many of his TV interviews then you would say it is nonsense.
So he has made that specific point, so where does that leave your rather informative 'What complete nonsense' Shows just how blind and out of touch you really are, to the goings on and how politics works.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Oh do please enlighten us oh wise one.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Simples... as I said, think of those who are less fortunate than yourself and see how the powers that be are treating them, then decide if you want to part of that crowd, and kicking them as well.

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
It is nonsense to you David, but then you aren't in the tory party inner circle... and if you haven't seen I Dunkem Smyth make this point in many of his TV interviews then you would say it is nonsense.
So he has made that specific point, so where does that leave your rather informative 'What complete nonsense' Shows just how blind and out of touch you really are, to the goings on and how politics works.
My "nonsense" comment was indeed slightly out of context - it was actually meant to reference the fact you consider it an "injustice" to force people to go out and find work. I'm actually quite au fait with the workings of politics thanks

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Simples... as I said, think of those who are less fortunate than yourself and see how the powers that be are treating them, then decide if you want to part of that crowd, and kicking them as well.

Have you hacked Comrade PRW's account?
Vote Labour and sit back while they borrow and spend the country into bankrupcy. Yeah right.
Problem is, everyone knows that is what would happen and will cast their vote accordingly.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It's a simple choice. Like it or not the only real issue in this election is Brexit. If you want it, vote Tory, if you don't, don't. I believe Labour and the LibDems will not pursue it and would seek to reverse Article 50 if elected.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
Helping those in need is admirable, where it can be afforded by the rest and the genuine needy can be identified.

There are too many that work the unemployment system, but they are becoming fewer. Too many that learn the ways to screw the long term sickness system, and from experience I see they follow new fashions very well. The latest being drug and alcohol addictions, and claimed schizophrenia. Young lasses that follow the fashion of turning out multi kids to varying daddies are lessening.
The benefits system that was always designed to keep people above the breadline, not buy big tellies and booze was massively abused most would agree. Cut backs will cause many injustices but getting it perfect 'aint realistic. I'm ready for the shout that I'm ok and unaffected by the problems created by the cut backs, not true. Life would be far easier for me as a property landlord if the state continued to be generous to claimants, my losses would be far less, and dealing with the poor down trodden would be less stressful.

As a 'general' principle, while we have our own unemployed there is no need for the immigration of unskilled labour.

Last edited:
Top Bottom