Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gustaf Sweden

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL 420 cdi
Hello,
I'm new to this forum and do not know where to turn around so maybe it's wrong to write this here.

I have encountered something that apparently many others in the United States have agreed to see that many in America regret what I was having trouble with.

The problem is that while the car is in motion, the gear switches off, it simply disconnects. After a few times and searching the internet, I found all of these in the United States that describe the same problem. When it happened again, I did, as I said, I drove in to the side and left the gear in N and then turned the engine off.
Started the car quite instantly, then the car went as it should on all the gears.
After a few months and the Mercedes workshop in my hometown of Stockholm, Sweden did not "know" to this I had to go without help.
To conclude, there was a Mercedes workshop in Linköping, the largest in which they could flush it and replace oil. That should fix the probelm.
Everything went well for 3 months, one day the car stopped in the third gear in order not to change. The car was able to drive into the side but then I had to take transport for me and the car to Mercedes in Djursholm.
One could find that the electronics in the transmission had to be replaced.
With a little discount, this became $ 2500, oil change 3 months earlier went to $ 800, so a total of $ 3500 for something they did not know a few months earlier.

They do not want to give any goodwill, although the problem is known and many suffer from this. Without us who bought the car, we will be responsible for all costs.
I do not know how it is in your countries, but in Sweden there is a law that states that "if the error is due to the manufacture or to refer to the manufacture of the product", the responsibility lies with the manufacturer as the consumer is unable to know the error see or review this at the time of purchase. Warranties can not be valid if the error is hidden, so the manufacturer is responsible for the damage.
The problem is that Mercedes is a major player, in Sweden they do not want to take this into account.
Hiring a lawyer and driving it in the district court is expensive, but it is now leaning that I do it when I see myself forced.

Is there anyone out there who knows if I can help with this?
Someone on Mercedes should take this into consideration, we buy your products because we are premium customers but unfortunately are not treated like this when something goes wrong.

Thank you for your answers and help.
Gustaf Cederström
Stockholm

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Without going into great detail
Firstly welcome on these forums
Sorry your first post is ,well, sad!
Others will respond in more detail with their own experiences which I hope will help you.
I know in summary in the UK (and maybe other parts of the world therefore) MB customers are not treated with the same degree of mitigating compensations than those in the US.
In short, if a vehicle is not covered by the warranty period, or extended MB warranty you have very little chance of them taking responsibility and ultimately repairing under ‘good will’ in the UK
I also have a 7 seater but it is a Volvo XC90!

Top Bottom