Gone

keith100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w204 c300 2008 (Gone)
So, today I trade-in the 204.

Mixed feelings. The car performed flawlessly, with the only non-service replacement being the CD player. Only 80,000km, but hard ones, mostly in the city and yearly temperature swings of -20C to +35C

The paint was near perfect, the a/c still ice cold and I’m sure it will be again this spring, when it automatically turns itself on for the next owner. The only thing to fail was the artico seat bolster. MB found and fixed a small transmission leak and replaced the taillights ‘cos the government told ‘em to, but they were fine at the time. I replaced the motor mounts , but it was optional.

I think however the ESL is going and the expense, and more to the point, the inconvenience if it goes in the middle of nowhere --and here, and on a long trip it can be 200km or more to the nearest community.

I haven’t posted here for a long time but thought I would say good bye especially after such satisfactory MB ownership. Nice to be able post that nothing went wrong.

Cheers

Keith

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
So, today I trade-in the 204.

Mixed feelings. The car performed flawlessly, with the only non-service replacement being the CD player. Only 80,000km, but hard ones, mostly in the city and yearly temperature swings of -20C to +35C

The paint was near perfect, the a/c still ice cold and I’m sure it will be again this spring, when it automatically turns itself on for the next owner. The only thing to fail was the artico seat bolster. MB found and fixed a small transmission leak and replaced the taillights ‘cos the government told ‘em to, but they were fine at the time. I replaced the motor mounts , but it was optional.

I think however the ESL is going and the expense, and more to the point, the inconvenience if it goes in the middle of nowhere --and here, and on a long trip it can be 200km or more to the nearest community.

I haven’t posted here for a long time but thought I would say good bye especially after such satisfactory MB ownership. Nice to be able post that nothing went wrong.

Cheers

Keith

its grand you got good service out of it. and you probrably did good shifting it on , before a drama came up.being in the middle of no where is no fun with a busted car .

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Good summary Keith but hang around you’re still welcome!

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Nice writeup. What did you replace it with?

OP
K

keith100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w204 c300 2008 (Gone)
Nice writeup. What did you replace it with?

What did I buy?

Well I did try a W205, but despite the seriously attractive 30’s something saleswoman, I didn’t take to it. The circular air-vents, chromed door switches and three-on-tree-shifter all made me think “1960’s Chrysler” ****** IPad wasn’t even a touchscreen. And the 4 cylinder wasn’t appealing after the old V6.

There is the C43 but it’s still saddled with the interior.

And MB offered a meager trade-in price for the 204

So

Drum roll

A lovely deep blue Jaguar XE with a very tasty supercharged V6, is now in my garage. Mmmm.

Now I’m not totally stupid. Jag don’t have a sterling reliability record (but improving) so I took a 3 year lease. Jaguar is very competitive right now. The 36 lease payments plus guaranteed buyout if I wanted to keep it. was the same cost as buying now. If it does prove a dud, well I just walk away.

Engaging car to drive. The demonstrator I drove handled well and the supercharger gives a satisfying roar.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
What did I buy?

Well I did try a W205, but despite the seriously attractive 30’s something saleswoman, I didn’t take to it. The circular air-vents, chromed door switches and three-on-tree-shifter all made me think “1960’s Chrysler” ****** IPad wasn’t even a touchscreen. And the 4 cylinder wasn’t appealing after the old V6.

There is the C43 but it’s still saddled with the interior.

And MB offered a meager trade-in price for the 204

So

Drum roll

A lovely deep blue Jaguar XE with a very tasty supercharged V6, is now in my garage. Mmmm.

Now I’m not totally stupid. Jag don’t have a sterling reliability record (but improving) so I took a 3 year lease. Jaguar is very competitive right now. The 36 lease payments plus guaranteed buyout if I wanted to keep it. was the same cost as buying now. If it does prove a dud, well I just walk away.

Engaging car to drive. The demonstrator I drove handled well and the supercharger gives a satisfying roar.

My other half would approve. She works for JLR :)

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom