Good morning

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Hi Craig,
So, would I notice much difference on 2 lt 160 to a 180 ? Petrol or diesel ?
I am looking to spend about £6500 . I notice a lot have quite high mileage , I won't be doing a load of miles , so should I worry about this? .is there any particular problem I should watch out for?
Hopefully trying some today , probably come back with a b class lol

Thanks everyone for your help
Pam x

I've never driven either so I cannot give personal opinion. Dependent on what you want them for then likely not. No, don't worry about not doing lots of miles, the key is to not leave the car standing for long periods with no use.

Petrol would make more sense than diesel if you aren't doing long distance trips or >12000 miles s year.

We have a few B class owners here and they seem to quite like them. Not my cup of tea but they look to be a comfortable car to drive.

OP
G

Granny117

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class
I've never driven either so I cannot give personal opinion. Dependent on what you want them for then likely not. No, don't worry about not doing lots of miles, the key is to not leave the car standing for long periods with no use.

Petrol would make more sense than diesel if you aren't doing long distance trips or >12000 miles s year.

We have a few B class owners here and they seem to quite like them. Not my cup of tea but they look to be a comfortable car to drive.
I meant should I worry about buying a high mileage car? , I need to get out and drive some ..I am not in a big rush , I doubt I would do 5000 miles a year

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
We bought my wife a W169 A180 18 months ago after someone hit her and wrote the previous car off, she absolutely loves the car and finds the 180cdi more than adiquate for her, I even find it a good amount of power from such a small car, the 7 speed CVT box is actually very good, although hers needs a service at the moment.

Decision on petrol or diesel is really down to the type of driving you do, my wife commutes about 30 miles each way to work mainly duel carriageway so diesel made more sense even though her annual mileage is about 10k pa, if it was shorter trips say 15 miles I'd say a petrol is a better option.

Kirbs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ECLASS 280 sport,2009,3.0 and SL350 2004
Good morning

I am going to see a car for my good lady later today ,one that I know little about

Its a A Class 2011 Auto Avantgarde Petrol 30,000 FSH unmarked Silver/Black ,I cant send sales details as its through a known source ,the car came up in a conversation and as I was looking for a replacement for my wife it looked like good timing

But I know nothing about the car in terms of things to look out for ,value etc so if you have had one/have one is there anything obvious

Its not that I don't trust the person its more that I want to be more informed and would like to get my wife a MB and there might be something that even the current owner doesn't know about if you see what I mean

Any hints and tips would be great

Thank you

Paul

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
check the inside of the door bottoms (welding seals) for any sign of rust, if you see it, walk away, the W169 from 2008 and onwards are better in this regard but still not perfect and can get rust...

my partner drives a 2008 W169 (A150) and she loves it, it's a good all round vehicle (5 doors) but there are some annoyances such as the rear boot lid opening is wobbly, it got that way when in the winter water freezes under the plastic boot lid handle, and when trying to open the boot lid it doesn't (because the handle is frozen), this then weakens the whole assembly until something (one of the 4 or so main screws holding it in place) loosen/break

probably an easy fix to just replace it but do check if it's loose.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
In general a good service history would override mileage concerns in my opinion.....

Kirbs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ECLASS 280 sport,2009,3.0 and SL350 2004
....As a follow up I went to see the car,it was pristine ,Auto/Pet 2011/31k Avant FSH for £8500 but unfortunately my wife needs P Sensors /Sat Nav ,I went see car without knowing spec so no worries but if you looking for this type of car PM me car is in Notts

Cheers

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom