Got some Sonax BSD

Bennyboy A250

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class A250 w176

Washed and waxed the car and finished it off with Sonax BSD recommend by a friend of mine, and I must say I'm very impressed with the beading you get with this stuff.
Cost me £11.99 for a 750ml spray and you get 3 micro fibre cloths thrown in as well bargain.
Cheers
Bren;)

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
It is good stuff. ECP often do a deal on this for around £4 80 for a 750ml bottle.
I think there may be an offer on at the moment.

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Looks good ,but see how it goes after the sun get on it . Just after rainfall you will end up with white markes all over the paintwork. And mercedes do have this paint protection guard .So clean water and car shampoo is all you need.

Crash1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS/2011
Looks good ,but see how it goes after the sun get on it . Just after rainfall you will end up with white markes all over the paintwork. And mercedes do have this paint protection guard .So clean water and car shampoo is all you need.

The Supaguard/Gard X stuff?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Looks good ,but see how it goes after the sun get on it . Just after rainfall you will end up with white markes all over the paintwork.

If that happens you have put too much on, after 4 coats there is no point in applying more, just dry off after washing with a microfiber cloth.

And mercedes do have this paint protection guard .So clean water and car shampoo is all you need.

Starguard is rubbish

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
If that happens you have put too much on, after 4 coats there is no point in applying more, just dry off after washing with a microfiber cloth.

This^^^^

Rain will not make this stuff run unless you have far too much on the car and it is not dry.

If it does it's either not genuine stuff or it's a faulty batch (which I've yet to hear of)

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
It contains:

AQUA
ALKANE
ALKYLSILICONE RESIN
DIMETHICONE
ACRYLIC POLYMER
TRIETHANOLAMINE
PERFUME
COLOUR
ALKANE SULFONATE
METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE
BENZISOTHIAZOLINONE
PYRITHIONE SODIUM

Website here for all Sonax stuff.

http://mobile.sonax.com/Company/Ingredients

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
As long as you don't drink it or wash with it you should be fine. I've been using the stuff for around 4yrs now and I detail cars. I'm still here and I haven't grown a second cock yet..... ;)

W202C55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
99 C43 and 99 E55
As long as you don't drink it or wash with it you should be fine. I've been using the stuff for around 4yrs now and I detail cars. I'm still here and I haven't grown a second cock yet..... ;)

Hahaha!!! :)

Im not refering to effects on you as the user, im refering to the effects of silicones on steel bodied cars. Its bad.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Well it needs to get through the clearcoat, paint and primer first.

MissyD

Reaction score
Website
www.depop.com
Your Mercedes
E200 1993, E300 Coupe 2019

Is that on the list of side effects Carl!

W202C55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
99 C43 and 99 E55
Ive seen the effects of silicone based polishes on a 5 year old red mustsang a few years ago, from 10 meters it looked great, but up close it was terrible, had a milky look to it... Hence they consulted with chemists and major paint companies, Bowden's Own was born.

DSB SL AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300SL (R129 1992 Pre-Facelift), Volvo V70 D5 SE Auto

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
C2 has a completely different makeup to BSD.

C2 will make the car feel extremely slick. Whereas BSD your fingers will grip the car slightly.

They repel water in different ways. As the saying goes, many ways to skin a cat.

I used to use C2v3 and it does perform well. It categorically does not last the up to 8mths they claim on a daily driver. You'll be lucky with 2 unless you garage the car and don't drive unless the weather is perfect.

BSD will last a bit longer. But in my experience it holds the beading properties a LOT longer than C2v3.

C2v3 wins for feel. But I don't stroke my car and not sure anyone does apart from when it's first done.

Crash1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS/2011
If you want something durable with incredible water repellency I would look at Sonax Polymer Net Shield, fairly cheap and really good

Last edited:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

You so wish!!! I bet Catterick is glad of that!!;)

Top Bottom