Got some Sonax BSD

OP
B

Bennyboy A250

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class A250 w176
And this is the last question I promise :?: but I also noticed some very tiny white ish marks/dots in the lenses of my head lamps :confused:
Have you come across this before or any ideas what they are:confused:
Is there anything I can do to remove.

I thought they was stone chips but running my finger nail over the surface i can not feel any indentations high spots or anything really, they feel perfectly smooth :-?
Thanks for and help or advice in advanced.
Cheers
Bren :D

Last edited:

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
For the exhaust there isn't much you can use due to how hot it gets. If you really must then use FK1000p hi temp wax (also great for sealing wheels)

To be honest though it would just be easier to give them a quick clean on a weekly basis with some Autosol and 0000 grade wire wool.

I'm not sure what the marks on the headlights and if you can't feel it on the outside it's probably not going to come off.

I would need to see it physically to make a proper assessment.

B19bst

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDi convertible
With the exhaust tips I use megs metal polish. Really fine so less scratches than autosol. You can also use gtech c5 on top after. I am thinking of using gtech exov2 which I use on the paintwork. But I am also tempted in using two coats of crystal serum first like again on the main car. It will seal it and also will last up to 7 years but prob not as long due to heat.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I haven't ever suffered any scratches with Autosol. It's probably more down to over exuberance and/or wrong grade wire wool that will cause scratches.

C1/4/5 (all the same product) you may get away with.

Exo v2 and Serum would be a waste of an expensive product and not have the desired effect. They're not designed to withstand the heat of an exhaust (150+ deg)

Last edited:
OP
B

Bennyboy A250

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class A250 w176

This is after three weeks with only one coat applied, very impressive stuff.
Going give it another coat this weekend weather permitting.
Cheers
Bren

DSB SL AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300SL (R129 1992 Pre-Facelift), Volvo V70 D5 SE Auto
Sorry Bren, whilst on beading pics I had to repost my SL roof after I used a bit of Renovo protection on it a few years ago, needs doing again...if you wanna pop round:p

This is after three weeks with only one coat applied, very impressive stuff.
Going give it another coat this weekend weather permitting.
Cheers
Bren

Last edited:
OP
B

Bennyboy A250

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class A250 w176
That looks like it's frozen on :cool:
I'd do yours but I'll be busy doing my own and having a few beers this weekend :lol:
Cheers Bren :rolleyes:

DSB SL AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300SL (R129 1992 Pre-Facelift), Volvo V70 D5 SE Auto
Proper beading pal...after it rained I thought the roof had caught measles lol
That looks like it's frozen on :cool:
I'd do yours but I'll be busy doing my own and having a few beers this weekend :lol:
Cheers Bren :rolleyes:

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

OP
B

Bennyboy A250

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class A250 w176
This was my roof this morning the beading is not as tight as when I first did it, but we'll chuffed with Sonax going reapply some more tomorrow :)
Cheers
Bren

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
That looks quite tight to me. Unless you get a really fine drizzle then you won't maintain the small drops.

By tight it is referring more to the nice rounded shape rather than tiny drops. Once you've got about 4 layers on you will see the water pool sometimes during heavy rain when the drops get too big and join together.

OP
B

Bennyboy A250

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class A250 w176
Thanks C350Carl going give my car a second coat today, what's the ideal time between coats, ie can I give it another coat tomorrow? Or is it best to leave a bit longer.
Cheers
Bren

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
There is no real time limit to be honest.

In my experience to get the best from it and allow full curing time then 24hrs. But if you're going to do it in the same day then 3hrs.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Here is my car. 4 coats of Sonax on and after a power wash rinse only. The car also hasn't been washed on for a few months now. Last coat of Sonax applied beginning of April.

3618e130d02d5906e2279f235919921a.jpg

51b95b1c82e02acee03348bfe48a06bc.jpg

73f2aba5969584acfb49f0780c34f706.jpg

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Sonax is holding up well. This was the car covered in the Scottish rain before I set off to catch the ferry back from Islay.

b283189c66c61af01019225a4fb351f7.jpg

72eaf4cd85e7a0849379c8e7ac9d50aa.jpg

To show how the water eventually pools as more gets on a flat surface (the roof in this case)

e8948e5068beddb6f67a86a9c9fd1251.jpg

db81ddf135724e9f49cfbf54cad5250e.jpg

OP
B

Bennyboy A250

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class A250 w176
This was my car when I finished work today.

And my car was the only one on the car park with beading rain

My roof but not been raining long so not pooled like yours

Kirbs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ECLASS 280 sport,2009,3.0 and SL350 2004
Am i hurting them

Hi

Just read this entire thread in one go,I recently went on a medical website to check out something I am experiencing and came away wishing I hadn't have gone on to those pages as I am now more confused and worried than before

After reading this thread I had a similar feeling, ie I thought I was treating my R230 and W211 with love and care and now concerned I might be damaging them!!

In March I wash,dry,clay bar[maguires] wax and keep clean regularly with Waterless wash [various] and Collinte wax this time of year x2 to prepare for winter

Am I doing any harm by doing this?

And secondly is there an improvement I can make?

The R230 doesn't go out in the rain and the W211 does catch for the odd polish/Lithuanian clean after muddy long trips but only as a quick preparation to then totally dry and waterless wash?

Thanks in ant

Paul

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
In March I wash,dry,clay bar[maguires] wax and keep clean regularly with Waterless wash [various] and Collinte wax this time of year x2 to prepare for winter

Am I doing any harm by doing this?

And secondly is there an improvement I can make?

Use a polish such as AutoGlym SRP between claying and waxing then put Sonax over the wax, max of 4 coats then re-apply every 4-6 months

OP
B

Bennyboy A250

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class A250 w176
Hi kirbs C350Carl knows his stuff when it comes to detailing correctly, he should point out what you can do to improve your car care, but reading what you do it sounds good to me but then again I'm no pro at detailing yet but I'm learning even if it's a big learning curve ;)
I also fined it quite therapeutic cleaning and detailing my car.
Cheers
Bren:D

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
The only thing I would advise against is waterless wash. Unless you're doing it every day with absolute minimum dirt on the car then you will be causing damage by inflicting minor swirl marks and marring. This is caused by the dirt being dragged around the car.

It is far better to wash using a proper lambswool or microfibre wash mitt. Use two buckets. One with clean soapy water and one with clean water.

Dip the mitt in the soapy water & wash the car a panel at a time. After each panel rinse the mitt in the clean water and then repeat. Whenever you rinse the mitt be careful not to touch the bottom of the bucket. I also rinse each panel after washing to stop soap drying on the panel.

Don't worry if you feel the soap isn't causing many suds. As long as you have followed the dilution ratios it's what's in the water that does the work not the amount of suds.

This way you will not inflict any damage to the car.

If you clay the car you should polish it as even the most careful use will cause some damage. Ideally with a machine polisher but by hand is fine.

4 coats of Sonax xtreme brilliant shine detailer (24hrs minimum between each coat) and then you will just need to wash your car with the 2 bucket method for the next 4mths or so.

Oh and don't be put off by the use of the word damage. By this I mean swirling and marring (very fine scratches) and nothing that can't be corrected. Unless you drag a sheet of 40grit sandpaper around the car. ;)

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom