Had the car 3 months -coolant leak

c250blue

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 SPORT BLUETEC 2014
Hi,

I bought a new approved used AmG line C220d about 3 months ago and it appears the car has developed a coolant leak some where. Last month out of the blu a warning light came up with low coolant, so i thought nothing of it and topped it up. Yesterday morning i started the car up and the same warning light came on and it went away.

So today I took the car in to mercedes loughton dealership, who were really accommodating by investigating the problem for me on the same day ,normally they are usually fully booked. The technician came out and advised me that they are looking for a leak but they can't find anything obvious and the pressure test they carried out the result came out ok. The technician did say their is a problem as the coolant tank was nearly empty when i bought the car in , and that they would need more time to investigate the problem even though they were working on the car for 2 hours.

As i needed the car back they topped the collant up and ask me to rebook the car in. I bought the car from mercedes lakeside so was thinking of getting them to fix it.

I'm seriously having thoughts of giving the car back to them as the car only done 10k miles and is only 2 years old and it's developed a fault like this.

I do sometimes notice a burning smell near the bonnett after getting out the car so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Any ideas what it can be?

I'm planning on letting the dealer find out what the cause is and if it's major reject the car. Do you think if it's worth while me writting a letter to the dealer expressing my concerns and the possibility of me handing the car back?

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks

robparker

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220d (115), 190d (201), c63 (204), 220ce (124)
Before getting too hasty just let the dealer look at it and fix it. At least it's happened during warranty and (so far) they are doing the right thing.

OP
C

c250blue

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 SPORT BLUETEC 2014
Before getting too hasty just let the dealer look at it and fix it. At least it's happened during warranty and (so far) they are doing the right thing.
Hi Rob,

Point taken, my wife said the same thing lol.i'll do just that wait and see. It annoys me and probably most people you spend so much money on a car then something goes wrong with it in a short space of time.

Just hope it's a easy fix

cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Sounds like you bought the car with the problem present. Hard to say what it could be from an o ring seal to something serious like a blown head gasket, if they don’t fix it next time I’d hand it back.

The occasional burning smell you mention is the DPF (soot filter) which is part of the exhaust system regenerating (burning soot off) which is normal

jp williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 E class 2.2 cdi auto estate, Lexus GS 450h
Sounds like you bought the car with the problem present. Hard to say what it could be from an o ring seal to something serious like a blown head gasket, if they don’t fix it next time I’d hand it back.

The occasional burning smell you mention is the DPF (soot filter) which is part of the exhaust system regenerating (burning soot off) which is normal

But don`t turn off the ignition whilst the regeneration process is being undertaken ?????

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom