Hand Car Washes

KeithJG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320CDI Sport Edition S203 2006 V6 7g
Soon you will have a a few items like I have and I purchased more since the pictures were taken.

After 52yrs of owning motors and cleaning some of them i have better things to do and waste my money on!

We read it time and time again all this detailing and the cost and time that goes with it.

At the end of the day it is NOT PAINT that you are cleaning it is just the TOP LACQUER...if you have any left?

If you have orange peel you will always have orange peel.

OP
A.J.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
After 52yrs of owning motors and cleaning some of them i have better things to do and waste my money on!

We read it time and time again all this detailing and the cost and time that goes with it.

At the end of the day it is NOT PAINT that you are cleaning it is just the TOP LACQUER...if you have any left?

I think it is phraseology we are talking about here, nobody ever talks about cleaning the Lacquer, always cleaning the paintwork :)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Everyone to their own in this world ,I like a deep mirror shine on my car but others are happy with a normal clean - no issues either way!

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.

I don't see it as a waste of money or time. I have the time (5 or 6 hours/month max spent on the car), money, I generally enjoy the process and it is good exercise....and if you are doing it properly the so called "Top Lacquer" will fare better than when using most local car washes (machines or people). I usually also wash my wife's car at teh same time - I don't like dirty cars.

Everybody knows that it is a clear coat that is being cleaned (on modern vehicles).

OP
A.J.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I don't see it as a waste of money or time. I have the time (5 or 6 hours/month max spent on the car), money, I generally enjoy the process and it is good exercise....and if you are doing it properly the so called "Top Lacquer" will fare better than when using most local car washes (machines or people). I usually also wash my wife's car at teh same time - I don't like dirty cars.

Everybody knows that it is a clear coat that is being cleaned (on modern vehicles).
I don't see it as a waste of time either. Like you I enjoy cleaning the car and take joy in the finished job. It's a matter of pride. And when it's time to change a well looked after car is worth far more that a don't give a damn car !! :)

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
I'm just glad I own a car that I am happy to spend 7 hours on!!! I've only owned rep cars in the past, and they always looked crap , if cheaper to look after!

Top Bottom