Hello from a new CLA45 owner

Stevedol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 W205 C Coupe C43
Just registered and thought I'd say hello.

I've recently picked up my first Mercedes, a 2016 model AMG CLA 45 in Northern Lights Violet and thought I'd join up here.

Here's a few pics from the day I picked it up :
21919692135_708636f1f4_h.jpg

21732821829_f3dbf519df_h.jpg

21298579843_d4da640110_h.jpg

I've been driving Saabs for the past 12.5 years so decided it was time for a change, and this fits the bill perfectly.

Steve.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Hello, welcome, and good choice of colour.

Did have a quick look at these, and this and the Mountain Grey were very appealing!

Keep us posted as to how you get on with it in coming months!

Lister1512

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 (65) CLA Shooting Brake 180 AMG Sport
Hello and welcome to the forum - I didn't think they were bringing the 381bhp model out yet - nice colour. Northern lights suit that car.

OP
Stevedol

Stevedol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 W205 C Coupe C43
Hello and welcome to the forum - I didn't think they were bringing the 381bhp model out yet - nice colour. Northern lights suit that car.

I'm guessing mine is probably one of the first 381BHP ones in the country, I originally ordered a CLA45 back in July ready for a September 1st delivery. I subsequently found out that the 2016 model was to have a remapped engine giving it the extra horses. I changed my order so that I wasn't getting a brand new car that was obsolete straight away and was told that they wouldn't be produced until September for late September/early October delivery.
I got a call from the garage (well a video actually) to say it had arrived with them 18th Sept and I consequently picked it up the following Wednesday.

The wait from July till now has seemed really long, but well worth it, only driven about 250mile so far, but loving every minute of it.

Lister1512

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 (65) CLA Shooting Brake 180 AMG Sport
I'm guessing mine is probably one of the first 381BHP ones in the country, I originally ordered a CLA45 back in July ready for a September 1st delivery. I subsequently found out that the 2016 model was to have a remapped engine giving it the extra horses. I changed my order so that I wasn't getting a brand new car that was obsolete straight away and was told that they wouldn't be produced until September for late September/early October delivery.
I got a call from the garage (well a video actually) to say it had arrived with them 18th Sept and I consequently picked it up the following Wednesday.

The wait from July till now has seemed really long, but well worth it, only driven about 250mile so far, but loving every minute of it.

Lucky you did realise and had the latests model. The wait for a new car always seems a long one! I bet you are enjoying every exhaust backfiring minute! :D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome, lovely car you have there. :D:D

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
although personally im not overly impressed with the shape of the CLA as i feel its a little short to carry the shape off, whereas the CLS was IMO perfectly sized for the shape. in THAT COLOUR however, it looks a totally different beast. it suits the car very well and somehow makes it look a bit better proportioned!

very nice indeed!

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Welcome.

WOW that is some colour!!!! Looks amazing :cool:

OP
Stevedol

Stevedol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 W205 C Coupe C43
Thanks all for the warm welcome.

beccy

MBO Membership Secretary
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL
I'm loving the colour!

Welcome to the MBO forum, it's great to have you on board! :D

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Hello and welcome!

Great looking car ;) Always more power to be had!!!

Regards

Team GAD

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
welcome, I liked the CLA anyway but that colour finishes it very nicly. lovely car and look forward to some more pic of it in the future.

webdunk

Reaction score
Website
www.m3gtregister.com
Your Mercedes
2016 GLA45 AMG
Bit of thread necromancy here but just thought I'd post since I've recently joined the forum and am interested to see how many other 45 AMG owners are about.

Cracking colour and one I would have chosen myself had I being ordering from new. Very scarce on the second hand market. Also surprised you managed to get the colour on the 381 car as I thought it had been replaced by Cavansite blue.

Hope you're still enjoying the car. Any evidence of improvements/changes as you put the miles on?

OP
Stevedol

Stevedol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 W205 C Coupe C43
Bit of thread necromancy here but just thought I'd post since I've recently joined the forum and am interested to see how many other 45 AMG owners are about.

Cracking colour and one I would have chosen myself had I being ordering from new. Very scarce on the second hand market. Also surprised you managed to get the colour on the 381 car as I thought it had been replaced by Cavansite blue.

Hope you're still enjoying the car. Any evidence of improvements/changes as you put the miles on?

I ordered just when the 381BHP car was announced and the options were pretty much the same at that point, It's possible that the blue comes in as an option for the facelift model which is out about now, ready for next year model wise.

No evidence of changes with the car since new, except my foot is getting heavier as I'm getting used to the car, it continues to put a smile on my face.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom