Hello. Just ordered my first Mercedes.

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Finally allocated a build slot. It has been a long wait.

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Early Feb, with early March delivery. Still AGES to wait, but at least something is finally happening. Plus I’ll get a 2018 model year and an 18 plate.

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Result then!

Indeed. Initially it was due to arrive at the end of January, but I don’t think I could have managed to not pick it up for a month, so the delay, in this case, worked out ok. It also means I don’t have to have the black gloss centre console now, which is another result!

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
So which colour did you go for? The predictable one or the really lovely one??? ;)

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
So which colour did you go for? The predictable one or the really lovely one??? ;)
The really lovely one... selenite grey metallic. :D

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Corrected that for you ;)

I know. I was so close to changing to red, but bottled it. I’ve had a red car before, and got bored of it pretty quickly, so was a bit concerned that I’d get bored of it this time too. I think the grey is a bit more subtle, and although I’ll be less enthralled by it initially, I think I’ll continue to tolerate it, rather than grow to dislike and regret my choice.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I know. I was so close to changing to red, but bottled it. I’ve had a red car before, and got bored of it pretty quickly, so was a bit concerned that I’d get bored of it this time too. I think the grey is a bit more subtle, and although I’ll be less enthralled by it initially, I think I’ll continue to tolerate it, rather than grow to dislike and regret my choice.

Selenite is lovely, very subtle (I have a Tenorite Grey C Class). Hyacinth is stunning, I see a W212 wagon in it every day and it really does look good

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Selenite is lovely, very subtle (I have a Tenorite Grey C Class). Hyacinth is stunning, I see a W212 wagon in it every day and it really does look good
The demo I tried was hyacinth, and it certainly looked stunning. Definitely one of the better colour options in terms of style. Unfortunately it drew a lot of attention, particularly from people in crapmobiles at traffic lights, who insisted on revving their engines and trying to have a race. I’m sure I’ll still get that in a grey one, but hopefully less frequently.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The demo I tried was hyacinth, and it certainly looked stunning. Definitely one of the better colour options in terms of style. Unfortunately it drew a lot of attention, particularly from people in crapmobiles at traffic lights, who insisted on revving their engines and trying to have a race. I’m sure I’ll still get that in a grey one, but hopefully less frequently.

Have it de-badged, no one will really know then

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Speak to Dave about his German taxi
:D I keep pointing out new shape E-Classes to the wife, and she says the white ones look like Continental taxis, and black ones look like Uber’s. Whenever I mention it (which is a LOT) she refers to it as “the chauffeur car”. She simply doesn’t understand. :mad:

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Speak to Dave about his German taxi

You mean this Matt?

Smokey.jpg

Old photo but a distinct lack of badges for the smooth and "blend into the scenery" look. 860bhp and lots of torque. The current owner took the badges with him in an envelope though still hasn't fitted them.

I still have the badges on my new one, mainly because I just haven't really done a thing with it yet, too many other things to do at the moment and it's just not getting the attention it deserves. Hopefully over the holidays...

:D I keep pointing out new shape E-Classes to the wife, and she says the white ones look like Continental taxis,

Yep, mine's white though with the black accents from the night package. Another Taxi. :D

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
You mean this Matt?

View attachment 40499

Old photo but a distinct lack of badges for the smooth and "blend into the scenery" look. 860bhp and lots of torque. The current owner took the badges with him in an envelope though still hasn't fitted them.

I still have the badges on my new one, mainly because I just haven't really done a thing with it yet, too many other things to do at the moment and it's just not getting the attention it deserves. Hopefully over the holidays...

Yep, mine's white though with the black accents from the night package. Another Taxi. :D
I do Dave, it was a cracking car

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
Well that’s a taxi I wouldn’t mind being a fare in!
Welcome and for what it’s worth, I prefer the understated selenite to the gregarious hyacinth! Enjoy!

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Well that’s a taxi I wouldn’t mind being a fare in!
Welcome and for what it’s worth, I prefer the understated selenite to the gregarious hyacinth! Enjoy!
Thanks very much. I’m sure I will when it finally arrives. The drive from the dealership in Grimsby to the south should be fun, even using no more than 4500rpm.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom